Principal functions of a mental health worker are:
* Face to face client work - supporting the delivery of brief interventions and self help for people with common mental disorders of all ages. For example, working with clients with panic disorder and major depression using cognitive behavioural approaches.
* Promoting positive mental health and awareness of the importance of addressing mental health issues.
* Strengthening the information available for patients about mental health.
* Improving knowledge held within a GP practice about the network of community resources available for people with mental health problems.
* Wider community networking and liaison
* Their responsible for arranging the services a client needs and reviewing these to ensure they meet the client’s needs.
* They assist clients in a number of settings and work with not only individuals, but also families, communities.
* Organisation and groups, promoting the psychological wellbeing and health of a client
1.2 Analyse the three principal types of advocacy and evaluate their importances
Independent Professional Advocacy
* Professional advocacy is for people who need help to represent their views during a time of major change or crisis.
* A paid advocacy worker works with a person to help them 'speak up' for themselves or represents their views for them.
* An advocacy worker may only need to work with a person for a short time.
* They represent People who are unable to do so for themselves.
* They work on the side of the person
* They are Trained in different issues
* Their Supported by other staff
* Their in contact with other professionals such as care managers, community nurses etc
* they Kept up to date with latest information
The importance of this type of advocacy is they:
* Safeguard people who are vulnerable and discriminated against, or... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 08). Mental Health. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mental-Health-765955.html
"Mental Health" StudyMode.com. 08 2011. 08 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mental-Health-765955.html>.
"Mental Health." StudyMode.com. 08, 2011. Accessed 08, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mental-Health-765955.html.