Vergrara, Reychelle C. Engr. Pavia BSMT-II Group3 Body Fluids: Blood
1) State the composition of blood
2) State the function of red blood cells and plasma
3) Explain function of hemoglobin in the transport of oxygen -
4) State the function of macrophages and lymphocytes
Vergara, Reychelle C. Engr. Pavia BSMT- II Group3 Body Fluids: Urine
1) If you receive a laboratory report showing the presence of high concentration of ketone bodies in the urine of a patient, which diseases would you suspect? -
2) What are the five steps of urine formation?
3) Where formation of urine does takes place?
4) How many ml of urine do normal kidneys produce at night? -
Vergara, Reychelle C. Engr. Pavia BSMT-II Group3 Digestion
1) Humans cannot digest wood; termites do so with the aid of bacteria in their digestive tract. Is there a basic difference in the digestive enzymes present in humans and termites? -
2) What is the product of the reaction when alpa-amylase acts on amylase? -
3) Does HCI in the stomach hydrolyze both the 1,4- an d1,6-glycosidic bonds? -
4) Which nutrient provides energy in its most concentrated form? -
5) What is the precursor of arachidonic acid in the body? -
6) How many essential fatty acids and essential amino acid do humans need in their diets? -
7) Do lipases degrade cholesterol or fatty acid?
8) What is the function of bile salts in digestion of fats?...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document