* IntensCare (a $20.5 million new system who later got an additional $20 million from the new President and who determined a new goal: Launch an innovative, world-class MediSys product by August 2009) * Valerie Merz = Marketing manager (new external hire). Sole Assignment = manage IntensCare as a business for the next three years * Jack Fogel = Sr. Production Manager and project lead
* Art Beaumont = new President hired to sharpen strategic focus while keeping innovative culture and rapid growth * Aaron Gerson = from R&D group who had the idea for IntensCare. Concerned with oversees development (outsourcing) * Peter Fisheer = from Sales group later promoted to VP of Sales and Marketing * Karen Baio = Regulatory Affairs
* Dispesh Mukerjee = Software Design
* Bret O’Brien = Product Engineering, lead engineer. Main objective = deliver at cost, on time and with specified features. Dates and quality are his drivers * Valerie thought Jack was too focused on the details of the product side and too little concerned about the business issues and the impeding launch. * MediSYs first two products were highly successful: pulmonary and renal monitoring systems. * Entrepreneurial Culture fostered innovative thinking across the company and several promising initiatives were at various stages of development (from re-design to development of new systems). * Art created an Executive Committee to jointly create and implement a strategy for growing the business quickly: VP of Sales and Marketing; VP of R&D; VP of Design and Engineering, VP of Production, VP of Administration. * Art also formalized a process for product development because he believed the use of cross-functional teams would speed product development and better respond to competitors * Formalized process composed of a “core team” assembles from all critical functions (R&D, Marketing & Sales, Product Engineering, Software Design, Regulatory, and Production). These people were supposed to work together continuously to move a product from conceptual stage to final production. * Core Team project leader role: orchestrate the work of the team, keep an eye on the complete project, secure resources for the team, and serve as liaison to sr. management. Leader had to have cross-functional expertise, track record of high performance and respect co-workers. * Parallel development formalized by Art forced people to look into the bigger picture while still keeping old ways of reporting and evaluation. * Each person in the team has different drivers:
* Marketing = Revenue Driven
* Production = believes the product shows off their ability to manage complex supply supply chain of software and hardware components * Design & Engineering = integration of software and hardware elements into the design * Feb 13, 2009: Art fears and fails to provide team with coaching MediSys Corp: The IntensCare Product Development Team
1. Art Beaumont = President
2. Peter Fisher = VP, Sales & Marketing
* Core Team:
1. Aaron Gerson ± Scientist/ R&D, original concept team 2. Bret O’Brien ± Senior Engineering Manager, Original Concept team 3. Valerie Merz- Marketing Manager i-care- Business leader 4. Jack Fogel- Senior Production Manager ± Icare- Project Leader 5. Dipesh Mukherjee- Software Design manager
6. Karen Baio- Regulatory Affairs. Issues in the IntensCare Project Team?
* Issues in the IntensCare Project Team:
1. Jack Fogel was far too focused on the details on the product side and far too little concerned about the business issues and impending launch 2. Instead of working towards single goal, it seemed they were concentrating on their own departments and roles. The group required to work or do the right thing for the company and not just their own departments.3. 3. Art Beumount wanted to develop an executive team that would jointly create and implement a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document