• Select one of the following topics and read both articles that present opposing sides of the argument surrounding that topic.
o Animal experimentation
o Media violence
• Answer the following questions in paragraphs of approximately 100 words demonstrating your critical and creative thinking skills.
1. Identify if the topic you chose—as presented by both articles—is a problem or an issue, and explain what makes it a problem or an issue. If you believe the articles present both problems and issues, identify and explain what the problems are and what the issues are.
• I really believe that Media violence is a problem. What makes it a problem is that viewing violent acts on t.v. affects young people in many negative ways. According to the American Psychological Association (APA) children learn behavior by watching and imitating others, and that the more violence kids observe, the more aggressive and violent they act.
2. Were the problems or issues expressed effectively? Describe how the problems or issues were or were not best expressed.
• Yes, I believe that it was expressed effectively. With all the different types of media violence out there today we should be concerned. Many studies show the effects violence has on kids not only on television but in video games and lyrics as well.
3. How would you determine the credibility of the sources of information used by the authors in the articles when investigating the problems or issues presented by your topic?
• Well first these articles came from the Apollo Library therefore I feel that is a credible source of getting information. Also one could determine credibility by checking the original source for verifications when the information is documented in a footnote or endnote.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Media Violence. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Media-Violence-974146.html
"Media Violence" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Media-Violence-974146.html>.
"Media Violence." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Media-Violence-974146.html.