• A medium is a carrier and deliverer of advertisements. It is a broad general category of carries such as a Newspaper, T.V, Radio, Internet, Outdoor, Direct mail, etc
• A specific medium for the transmission of an advertiser's message.
• It is a specific carrier within a media category. So a Discovery would be the category of tv. Many a time a specific programs or section within a medium may be termed as a vehicle (e.g. Star TV, Times of India newspaper, Red fm)
Television Programme (Star TV)
Print Publication (Times of India)
Radio Programme (Red fm)
Outdoor Site (Hajiali road)
Internet Portal (Google)
• Advertising media generally include TV, Radio, newspaper, magazine, outdoor billboards, public transportation, yellow pages, direct mail, specialty advertising (on items such as note books, pencils, calendars, telephone pads, shopping bags) and other media (catalogs, samples handouts, brochures, newsletter).
The right media
• Traditional or mass media:
Idea to reach large audience.
• Niche media:
Cable TV, direct mail, etc. reach the target audience with specific demographics
Narrowly defined target audience
• Non conventional media:
Evaluate advertising media options
The term media encompasses print, electronic, graphic, computer, telecommunications, and outdoor media.
The term media vehicle(s) encompasses the selection and combination of specific programmes, publications, and displays in which advertising messages will be placed.
The term weighted audience values indicates the numerical values assigned to different audience characteristics
More on media
• Traditional media:
Newspaper, magazine, radio, TV. Large audience, low costs.
Certain programme audience
Do not use a medium because of the content of the advertising.
Different media have different abilities in exposing the ad material.
• Non... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 12). Media Vehicle. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Media-Vehicle-185647.html
"Media Vehicle" StudyMode.com. 12 2008. 12 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Media-Vehicle-185647.html>.
"Media Vehicle." StudyMode.com. 12, 2008. Accessed 12, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Media-Vehicle-185647.html.