Division of Labor :
According to Emile Durkheim it means that dividing the works among the people according to their own skills , experience ,ability ,capacity ,competency etc . Giving work to a person who is expert in the relevant work .So concept of Durkheim the division of labor is good because it bring solidarity and people of the society closer. In division of labor everybody is an important part of society. No one live alone everyone is connected and interdependent on each other .
If we keep the standard in the division of labour in society we can categorize the society into two types
Mechanical Solidarity and Organic Solidarity .
Mechanical Solidarity :
• Mechanical solidarity normally operates in "traditional" and small scale societies
• Simple: It`s a very simple society (minimum parts) division of labor is very simple .it is simple because revolving around a simple things that’s why it is very simple .
• Population : small population as compare to Organic
• Traditions :they are very traditional for example : in village maliks ,panchayat etc are very important because there is no formal law no judge etc
• Religion : they practice religion in depth
• Technology: Technology is very simple or absent
• Equality :there is equality
• Strict Punishment :if someone violate the norms they give strict punishment
• Sameness: there is sameness
• Collectivism : here the individuals give priority to the goals of one`s group (family)
• Complex :it`s a complex and modern society it is also called the recent society or industial society
• In this we need House , Food , Car, AC , Gas ,Light ,etc
• In organic solidarity people like fixed price shops just to save their time.
• Population :Population is very large here
• Formal laws: in organic solidarity concept of tradition is very low, there are formal laws in written form.
Cite This Essay
(2012, 11). Mechanical and Organic Solidarity.Which One Is Good and Why ?. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mechanical-And-Organic-Solidarity-Which-One-Is-1191297.html
"Mechanical and Organic Solidarity.Which One Is Good and Why ?" StudyMode.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mechanical-And-Organic-Solidarity-Which-One-Is-1191297.html>.
- MLA 7
"Mechanical and Organic Solidarity.Which One Is Good and Why ?." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mechanical-And-Organic-Solidarity-Which-One-Is-1191297.html>.
"Mechanical and Organic Solidarity.Which One Is Good and Why ?." StudyMode.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Mechanical-And-Organic-Solidarity-Which-One-Is-1191297.html.