Certain steps can be taken, both at the organisational level, as well as at the individual level, to effectively deal with the barriers to communication. Organisational action:
organisations need to take few steps to ensure effective communication: * Encourage feedback
* Create a climate of openness
* Use multiple channels of communication
An individual can take certain actions to overcome the communication barriers: * Active listening: The language used in communication must be as clear as possible. * Careful wording of messages: Messages should be worded clearly and without ambiguity. * Selection of appropriate channels: Individuals should be competent enough to choose the right communication channel, depending on the situation. * Avoidance of technical language: The language used in communication must be as clear as possible. * Right feedback: Feedback is an important communication skill.
Q2.Explain the different type of verbal communication.
Communication by using language is called verbal communication. Following are the types of verbal communication: (a) Oral Communication
(b) Written Communication
(c) Communication through listening and reading
(a) ORAL COMMUNICATION
Oral Communication happens when we communicate with the help of spoken words. In this way, we can say that the conversations, meetings, conferences, interviews, training sessions, speeches, public announcements, radio speeches, telephone talk, public speaking, are all forms of oral communication. It can be used effectively to inform, satisfy, praise, criticize, please, inquire and for many other purposes. Advantages:
* Oral Communication saves time.
* There is immediate feedback.
* Oral communication saves money.
* In Oral communication, there is less formality.
* Oral Communication can be misunderstood more easily compared to written communication. * If we consider the legal point of view, oral communication has little value as there is no permanent record or proof of what has been said. * Oral Communication requires a good speaker otherwise it will not be meaningful.
(b) WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
Written communication is also a type of verbal communication. With the help of writing, we express...