II REVIEW QUESTIONS
TRUE I FALSE
Circle T if the statement is true or F if the statement is false. T F 1. An operator is a constant or cell reference used in formulas. T F 2. In a formula, multiplication is performed before subtraction. T F 3. In a formula, operations within parentheses are performed after operations outside parentheses. T F 4. An absolute reference does not change when the formula is copied or moved to another cell. T F 5. Manual calculation lets you control when Excel calculates formula results.
Write a brief answer to each of the following questions.
1. In a worksheet formula, which operator has the highest priority in the order of evaluation? The multiplication or division operator.
2. What type of cell reference will not adjust to its new location when it is copied or moved to another cell? Relative Adjustment.
3. Write an example of a formula that contains a mixed cell reference. =C4+B5+D2
4. Explain how to enter the formula =C4+B5+D2 in cell D3 using the point-and-c1ick method. You insert a cell reference in a formula by clicking a cell rather than typing its column letter and row number.
5. How do you display formulas instead of formula results in a worksheet? By clicking the show formulas button.
FILL IN THE BLANK
Complete the following sentences by writing the correct word or words in the blanks provided. I. The equation used to calculate values based on numbers entered in cells is called a(n)
2. The sequence used to calculate the value of a formula is called the order of evaluation.
3. The cell reference D4 is an example of a(n) absolute cell reference.
4. Default summary calculations for a selected range appear in the formula bar.
5. Manual calculation lets you control when Excel calculates the formulas in a worksheet.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document