Stoichiometry Worksheet #1 Answers
1. Given the following equation: 2 C4H10 + 13 O2 ---> 8 CO2 + 10 H2O, show what the following molar ratios should be.
a. C4H10 / O2
b. O2 / CO2
c. O2 / H2O
d. C4H10 / CO2
e. C4H10 / H2O
2. Given the following equation: 2 KClO3 ---> 2 KCl + 3 O2
a. How many moles of O2 can be produced by letting 12.00 moles of KClO3 react? 18.0 mol O2
3. Given the following equation: 2 K + Cl2 ---> 2 KCl
a. How many grams of KCl is produced from 2.50 g of K and excess Cl2 ? 4.77 g KCl
b. How many grams of KCl is produced from 1.00 g of Cl2 and excess K ? 2.10 g KCl
4. Given the following equation: Na2O + H2O ---> 2 NaOH
a. How many grams of NaOH is produced from 1.20 x 102 grams of Na2O? 154.8 g NaOH
b How many grams of Na2O are required to produce 1.60 x 102 grams of NaOH? 124 g Na2O
5. Given the following equation: 8 Fe + S8 ---> 8 FeS
a. What mass of iron is needed to react with 16.0 grams of sulfur? 27.87 g Fe
b. How many grams of FeS are produced?
43.9 g FeS
6. Given the following equation: 2 NaClO3 ---> 2 NaCl + 3 O2 a. 12.00 moles of NaClO3 will produce how many grams of O2?
576 g O2
b. How many grams of NaCl are produced when 80.0 grams of O2 are produced? 97.4 g NaCl
7. Given the following equation: Cu + 2 AgNO3 ---> Cu(NO3)2 + 2 Ag a. How many moles of Cu are needed to react with 3.50 moles of AgNO3? 1.75 mol Cu
b. If 89.5 grams of Ag were produced, how many grams of Cu reacted? 26.4 g Cu
8. Molten iron and carbon monoxide are produced in a blast furnace by the reaction of iron(III) oxide and coke (pure carbon). The reaction is: Fe2O3 + 3 C ---> 2 Fe + 3 CO a. If 25.0 kilograms of pure Fe2O3 is used, how many kilograms of iron can be produced? 17.49 kg Fe
9. The average human requires 120.0 grams of glucose (C6H12O6) per day. The photosynthetic reaction is: 6 CO2 + 6 H2O ---> C6H12O6 + 6 O2
a. How many...