for the China Scholarship Council
Queensland University of Technology
Joint Scholarship Program
For Higher Degree Research Candidature
Queensland University of Technology – 2012.
2.0 Eligibility Criteria3
3.0 Application Process4
Stage 1 – Finding a Supervisor and/or Expression of Interest and Preliminary Assessment of Eligibility4
Stage 2 – Formal Application to Queensland University of Technology4
Stage 3 – Formal Application to the China Scholarship Council5
4.0 Finding a supervisor5
5.0 Writing a Research Proposal5
6.0 Key Dates for Commencement in 20126
7.0 For Further Information6
8.0 Frequently Asked Questions7
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and Queensland University of Technology (QUT) are jointly offering scholarships for higher degree research students from the People’s Republic of China.
QUT is located in Brisbane, Australia and keen to work with you to ensure you that you receive a China Scholarship Council award to research at QUT.
QUT will provide a tuition fee waiver for each student selected under this program. This tuition fee waiver is for the period of duration required to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy, which is usually for a period of 36 months. Research Masters degrees may also be considered on a case by case basis.
CSC will provide each student selected under this program with a living allowance as prescribed by the Chinese government, a return airfare to Australia by the most economical route, visa application fees, and the cost of the Australian Government approved Overseas Student Health Cover.
2.0 Eligibility Criteria
General QUT Eligibility Criteria – See below section on application process stage 2.
1. A Masters from a recognized Chinese university equivalent to a Bachelor’s Award with Honours (1st Class or IIA) in Australia.
2. English Language Requirements – IELTS (Academic) Overall Score of 6.5 and no subscore below 6.0: OR TOEFL (Internet) Overall Score of 90 and no subscore below 20.
3. Research Proposal
General China Scholarship Council Eligibility Criteria
1. Citizen of PR China and residing in China at time of application
2. 2nd Year Masters Student or 1st Year PhD student at a recognized Chinese university
3. Under 35 years of age at the time of application to the China Scholarship Council
4. Agree to return to China on completion of the QUT research award.
More information is available from your university and on the China Scholarship Council website at: http://www.csc.edu.cn/
3.0 Application Process
The application process and key dates in this information package are intended for commencement at QUT in 2012. The key dates and timelines in following years will be very similar.
Stage 1 – Finding a Supervisor and/or Expression of Interest and Preliminary Assessment of Eligibility
The first stage is finding a supervisor at QUT. The expression of interest form of the QUT and China Scholarship Council joint scholarship program may be used. There are further details on resources at QUT for finding a supervisor in section 4.0. The expression of interest form of the QUT and China Scholarship Council joint scholarship program is in Appendix A.
Stage 2 – Formal Application to Queensland University of Technology
The second stage is a formal application to Queensland University of Technology.
You will need to submit the following with your application:
1. Research project proposal – see section below
2. Certified/notarized* academic transcripts of your undergraduate degree in the original language as well as the English translation. If you can not obtain the English translation from your university, then please use a professional translation...