What are the benefits in doing any one of these massage therapy you may ask?? Here are your answers: Overall Health Benefit of Massage Therapy:
* Massage therapy and bodywork increases blood circulation thus enabling the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs. * A therapist can render massage that stimulates the lymph system, the body’s natural defense, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer! * Helps in releasing endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller. For egs: Acupuncture therapy, a massage technique, can stimulate the body to produce endorphins, which reduce pain. Studies have also found that acupuncture treatment could release other pain-relieving substances called opiods. * Is being incorporated into treatment for chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain. * Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication. * Contributes to shorter labor and reduced tearing for expectant mothers, as well as lessening the need for medication, minimizing depression and anxiety, and shortening hospital stays. * Can relax tense and tightened muscles. Massage therapist often render massage to treat low-back pain and neck pain. * Reduces overall stress. It helps the body's stress response by lowering levels of stress hormones such as cortisol. * Massage therapy could also treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis Physical Benefit of Massage Therapy:
* Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
* Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue * Reduces muscle spasms
* Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
* Enhances athletic performance; Treats injuries caused during sport or work * Reduces...