The automobile industry, one of the core sectors, has undergone metamorphosis with the advent of new business and manufacturing practices in the light of liberalization and globalization. The sector seems to be optimistic of posting strong sales in the couple of years in the view of a reasonable surge in demand. The Indian automobile market is gearing towards international standards to meet the needs of the global automobile giants and become a global hub. In this Maruti Suzuki India limited is one of the leading player in four wheeler division in India. So I took this company to make a detailed analysis in this auspicious time.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited is a publicly listed automaker in INDIA. It is a leading four-wheeler automaker manufacturer in South Asia. Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan holds a majority stake in the company. It was the first company in India to mass-produce and sell more than a million cars. It is largely credited for having brought in an automobile revolution to India. It is the market leader in India and on 17 September 2007, Maruti Udyog was renamed Maruti Suzuki India Limited. The company headquarter is in GURGAON, HARYANA. Maruti Suzuki ranked 1st in ‘customer satisfaction’ for 9 consecutive years as JD Power CSI Survey, having 2767 workshops in 1314 cities. Company has the facility to produce one million units per annum. It has 681 outlets in 454 cities. Present it giving direct employment opportunities to more than 7000 peoples.
Objective of the research
The objective of this project is deeply analyze on Maruti Suzuki India Limited by monitoring the growth rate and performance on the basis of historical data.
* What is the vision and objectives of Maruti Suzuki India Limited? * To study the growth and expansion of Maruti Suzuki
* To know the service and other facilities provided to customers * To identify the most preferred model of Maruti Suzuki’s range of vehicles * Study on promotional strategies undertaking by dealers
* Sales in Mangalore, Udupi area
* How dealers are dealing with company?
* To analyze the performance of Maruti Suzuki in last 3 years
Every project is based on certain ideas information, data collected from different sources. The study has been carried out on the basis of two sources of information.
* Primary Data
Primary data consists of survey would be conducted among the Maruti Suzuki dealers. 1) Mr. Durgaprasad K.P
H.R. Manager, Abharan motors, Udupi. Mob.-9980555899
2) Maroor Motars
Pumpwell, Mangalore. Ph.-0824-4266565 3) Vidya Vinutha D’souza
H.R. officer, Mandavi Motors, Mangalore.
In this study the primary data was collected by imposing both close ended and open ended questions through a structured questionnaire.
* Secondary Data
Secondary data has been the primary collected from the sources like broachers, website of the company, internet, yearly report etc.
Limitation of the Study
Despite all possible efforts to make analysis pure, comprehensive, and scientific, a study of the present kind is bound to have certain limitations. Following are the important limitations of the study.
* Able to cover only 3 local dealers of Maruti Suzuki but not dealers of other cities and other state’s dealers * Therefore it is very difficult to give accurate judgment on the basis of this limited sample * The time available might be insufficient to cover most of the dealers to carry on an exhaustive study * As the most data was gathered from internet validity might be expired
Hailed as ‘the industry of industries’ by Peter Drucker, the founding father of the study of management, in 1946,...