1. As discussed in class, news sources (as in newspaper, magazine, web content, television programming) are a common form of “supporting material”. How well did Marlita Hill use news sources? Seattle times 1997,feders magazine ,la times, detroit news jacksonville journal
michigan chronicle 2. Describe the types of news sources used by Marlita Hill.
3. Was Marlita Hill convincing? Why or why not?
4. Describe how Marlita Hill structured her speech/performance.
5. How did Marlita Hill show passion through nonverbal delivery?
6. Was Marlita Hill memorized? What are the pros and cons of this delivery style?
7. Marlita Hill used visual aids throughout her speech. What other types of visual aids might you have used in this speech?
What do you think was the most persuasive aspect of Marlita Hill’s “The N*Word” speech?
Marlita hill response assignment 1
Marlita Hill gave a speech about the sensitivity of the word “Nigger”. Her presentation and her delivery were totally on point and very entertaining, marlita backed her informative speech by presenting supporting material and interesting facts from various sources. Including the la times,Detroit news,Jacksonville journal and Seattle times. While still manging to mention well respected news media. Marlita kept it more social and interactive by mentioning comedian Chris rock, Oprah Winfrey while also mentioning the fact radio stations who banned the word had young callers call up for the rite to be called nigger.
To me the speech was very convincing and shed lite to a very touchy subject. The way she instructed the crowd made them interact within her speech. She was full of energy and excitement you could feel that as she spoke. Made eye contact, showed boards and even shared a personal story. Me I would have used t-shirts and some songs from gangster rappers. Her speech looked completely memorized and it worked no looking...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document