In this report I aim to cover five main points which are:
The core concepts of marketing for travel and tourism and the influences that marketing has on society.
The impact of the marketing environment on travel and tourism businesses.
The relevance of marketing research and marketing information to managers in the travel and tourism industry.
The relevance of tourist markets compared to business markets for the specific destination.
The market segments that would apply to "Deutsch Link" and how they can be targeted through marketing activities.
Marketing For Travel and Tourism
The core concepts of marketing can be broken down into different categories.
Depending on the customer profile will depend on the customers needs, wants and demands. For example people of different ages are likely to want and need different styles of holidays. Currently Deutsch Link sells 70% of its businesses to people wanting to take city breaks although the other 30% are likely to have different needs, wants and demands. Many people see value and satisfaction in different ways is it depends on how the perceive value and satisfaction depending on the individual. People often define what they see as value based on the price, place, product and promotion. Most importantly if customers see your prices to be 'good value for money' they are likely to buy your product or service. Depending on the location both of where they are purchasing the product or service and where their destination is, in the case of holidays, will also determine if they see it to be as good value. For example the cost of living in large cities such us London is much higher than in a small town in Cornwall so you would expect to pay higher prices. In the case of Deutsch Link the value will also be increase or decrease depending on where abouts the customer is staying and in what level of accommodation. The product must also be seen and good value. It is important for the company to... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2007, 10). Marketing in Travel & Tourism. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2007, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-Travel-Tourism-123375.html
"Marketing in Travel & Tourism" StudyMode.com. 10 2007. 10 2007 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-Travel-Tourism-123375.html>.
"Marketing in Travel & Tourism." StudyMode.com. 10, 2007. Accessed 10, 2007. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-Travel-Tourism-123375.html.