Reliance Fresh is the convenience store format which forms part of the retail business of Reliance Industries of India which is headed by Mukesh Ambani. Reliance plans to invest in excess of Rs 25000 crores in the next 4 years in their retail division. The company already has in excess of 560 reliance fresh outlets across the country. These stores sell fresh fruits and vegetables, staples, groceries, fresh juice bars and dairy products. A typical Reliance Fresh store is approximately 3000-4000 square feet and caters to a catchment area of 2–3 km. Reliance Fresh was the first foray into retailing by the $25 billion behemoth known as Reliance Industries Limited.
There were three basic reasons for Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) choosing foods and vegetables for entering into retailing
First, it wanted to go after the very core of the great Indian retail Opportunity. Food accounted for over two-thirds of the $200 billion Indian Retail market and yet, it had seen hardly any penetration by modern retail so far.
Second, its aim was to build a high-profitability business and food was perhaps The best place to start.
Third, the grossly inefficient food supply chain provided a well resourced and well managed organization like RIL with an opportunity to think of amending the flaws which would also make business sense. In the traditional supply chain in India, there were several intermediaries, who added their respective profit margin to the cost
Besides, there was huge wastage in transit. This offered potential for savings and profits and Reliance Fresh was a Step in that direction.
Reliance fresh was founded on 30th October 2006 having its head quarter in Mumbai.
vision to generate inclusive growth and prosperity for farmers, vendor partners, small shopkeepers and consumers, Reliance Fresh, a subsidiary of RIL, was set up to lead Reliance Group’s foray into organized retail. Since its inception in 2006, Reliance Fresh has grown into an organization that caters to millions of customers, thousands of farmers and vendors. Based on its core growth strategy of backward integration, Reliance fresh has made rapid progress towards building an entire value chain starting from the farmers to the end consumers. Mission:
Its mission is to delight the customers every visit. Reliance fresh will continue to provide unprecedented value to customers across all its formats and stores. Its mission is to grow through value creation. Objectives
• To get a sense of how well the company is serving customers.
• To identify problem areas.
• Offer unmatched affordability, quality, convenience, service and choice • Offer our customers the widest range of fruit and vegetables at the best prices in the neighborhood
• Offer consistent high quality, unbeatable freshness and great service so that our Customers know that we can be trusted every day.
• To utilize customer feedback and provide the company with the tools That is customized to measure and meet the specific customer perceptions And needs.
• The chief objective of Reliance Fresh stores is to provide customers first-rate household products at affordable rates.
• At the same time, the company spares no effort to safeguard the interest of the farmers and manufacturers.
• The producers get a chance to sell their products directly to the merchandiser, and that too at the best price.
Marketing Strategies plans and tactics:
Use the Internet
• With the Internet increasing in popularity all the time, it is extremely important to use Internet marketing as a way to improve market share.
• In order to improve your access to customers, they can create a web site where customers can view their merchandise and possibly buy products online.
• Selling their products online is a great way of expanding their business...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document