The B&Q store is located at Mahon Point Retail Park Mahon Co Cork. It commenced trading in 2005 and is one of nine outlets in the Republic Of Ireland. Its first store opened in the Republic at Liffey Valley in Dublin in 2002.
The company was founded by Richard Block and David Quayle in March 1969 and the first store was opened in Southampton Hampshire. The store was originally called Block and Quayle but was then shorted to B&Q. The owners wanted to offer their customers better value, longer opening hours and better product range.
By 1979 the company had seen rapid expansion and had a total of 26 stores. Further expansion ensued through a combination of mergers and acquisitions. In 1980 B&Q bought the Scottish company Dodge City, and was itself acquired by F.W.Woolworth’s Company. Two years later B&Q were bought by Paternoster, who are now known as Kingfisher plc and are still B&Q parent company. By this time the original founders had left the company Block in 1976 and Quayle in 1982.
Today B&Q is part of the largest DIY retailer in Europe and the 3rd largest in the world.
Country Number of Stores
Republic of Ireland 9
Republic of China 63
Kingfisher plc holds other business interests throughout the world. As of 2007 the company operated approximately 700 stores primarily in the UK, Spain, France, Poland, Turkey, Italy, China and Taiwan. It also has a strategic alliance with Hornback Holdings A.G. which operates 120 stores based in Germany and others neighbouring countries.
Services and Facilities
B&Q are a major supplier of DIY home improvements products, tools and gardening equipment. It is because of its large size and massive buying power that it can provide an extensive range of products at a competitive price. They also provide the following services for their customers.
* In house design consultation facilities in kitchen, bathroom and bedroom design. * Installation and fitting service for above designs.
* A compressive online shopping facility. (Only UK)
* Online design centre.
* Provide information, leaflets DVD and online videos on how to carryout various DIY tasks. * Supply and promote sustainable and environmentally friendly products. * Online shopping.
* Home delivery service.
* Holiday planning
* Work roster
* Dealing with staff issue
* Purchasing and payments to suppliers
* Sales and collection of payment from customers
* Goods inwards
* Stock replenishment
* Compile orders
* Organize delivery of goods
Customer Service Dept
* Deal with customers issues in store online or by phone
* Product promotion
STORE TRADING PLAN
Employees and their Duties
* Delivering sales and services
* Coaching and development of team members
* Maximize potential of all staff
* Provide solution to customers
* Provide helpful advice and assistance to customers
* Reporting to stock manager
* Manage a team of Customers Advisors
* Control stock availability
* Control stock loss
* Designing and selling kitchens and bathrooms
* Understand and meet the needs of customers
* Responsible for delivering service agenda
* Manage a team, and make them aware of responsibilities
* Influence store performance...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document