* Executive summery
* Company Analysis
* Customer Analysis
* Competitor Analysis
* SWOT analysis
* Pest analysis
* Market segmentation
* Selected marketing strategy (4Ps)
* Short and long projection
Cadbury India is a food product company with interests in chocolate confectionery, milk food drinks, snacks, and candy. Cadbury is the market leader in chocolate .confectionery business with a market share over 70%. Some of the key brands of Cadbury are Cadbury dairy milk, 5 star, Perk, Eclairs, Celebration, Temptations, and Gems, In milk food drinks segment, Cadbury’s main product –Bournvita is the leading malted food Drink in the Country.
* Sell three kinds of confectionery : chocolate, gum and candy * Operates in over 60 countries.
* 35000 direct and indirect suppliers
* 187 years old
* 45000 people are employed
* Parent company: Cadbury plc
* Indian subsidiary: Cadbury india ltd (CIL)
* Cadbury is the worlds no 1 confectionery company and is 200 years young .....
Mission- “Cadbury in every pocket”
Market share :chocolate
Customer decision making process
1. Cadbury- Cadbury, 5Star , Bytes (chocolate snacks) Celebration, Dairy milk , Gems, perk 2. Nestle- Barone, kitkate, milky bar, munch, nestle
3. Amul- amul (choco zoo, chocomines)
4. Dairy milk is the market leader
5. 5 star- (heritage brand which came to India in 1969) has a market share of over 14%
* Reputed Internally as the topmost chocolate provider in the world. * The brand is well known to people & they can easily identify it from others * Cadbury the world leader in chocolate , is a well known force in marketing and distribution * Users have a positive perception about the quantities of the brand * Cadbury has well adjusted itself to Indian custom.
* There is lack of penetration in the rural market where people tend to dismiss it as a high end Product ,it is mainly found in urban and semi- urban areas. * It has been relatively high priced Brand , which is turning the price conscious customer away. * People avoid having their chocolate thinking about the egg ingredients
* The chocolate market has been one of the greatest increases in the recent times (almost @30%) * There is lot of potential for growth and huge population who do not eat chocolates even today that can be converted as new users.
* There exits no brand loyalty in the chocolate market and customers frequently shift their brand * New brands are coming and existing brands are introducing new variants to add to an already overcrowded market.
* Political decisions can affect Cadbury’s these can be either advantages or disadvantages, if taxes increases, therefore consumers decrease and sales of stock decreases,however is taxes decrease the likelihood is consumers will buy more. * The government is very concerned about obesity heart problem costing the NHS more each year
* If the Minimum wage was brought down, this would mean more money for Cadbury’s but would also result in ,low sales from the consumers. * The interest rates can have an affect on Cadbury’s . if the interest rates were high then Cadbury would not want to borrow as much money for expansion
* Trend in snacking- increase in people eating on the ‘go’ (vending machines) * Local residents with small Businesses near Cadbury’s worlds would benefit from the money that is being brought in by visitors. * More people are health conscious –will read ingredient content.
* Better equipment
* Cost of machinery
* New machinery