Recently UiTM has provided parking spaces for students at certain lots such as at the marching field (padang kawad), parking zone in front of the Faculty of Engineering and Mawar lot area. Yet, the students don’t make full use of the parking instead, they park at the restricted area such staff parking, visitor, faculty area which makes the situation crowded.
1. To identify the preferences of the students park at the restricted area.
2. To explore whether the parking provided by UiTM is insufficient.
3. To explain the attitudes and behaviours of the students that park at the restricted area.
1. What makes them prefer to park at the restricted area?
2. Does UiTM provides sufficient and convenient parking area at every faculty?
3. Why the students still disobey the rules even though they knew they are restricted or had been summoned?
Scope of the studies
This will be the students who have their own transportation in UiTM Shah Alam. We prefer to use students from Faculty of Communication and Media studies since they have the limited space parking area in a result making the situation crowded. This will be an advantage for us to understand easier why the issue is happening. Plus, the students here are much open minded and out-spoken whenever we talk to them.
1. Location of the study.
The location we’re studying is in UiTM, Shah Alam. We’ll be specifically more to Faculty of Comm and Media studies because the spaces are limited and small for parking areas. It’s a perfect area to study on.
2. Population and Sampling Procedures
The population will be among the UiTM Shah Alam students while the samplings will be the Comm and Media studies students. Compared to other students, Mass Comm students are much more responsive. We will give to twenty respondents of MassComm student to get the result.
3. Data Collective Method
After we got the result, we will collect them and use SPSS system to make our research more convenient and systematic. We will do in percentage to get better findings.
Part A ( Respondent Profile)
1. Gender :MaleFemale
2. Race : MalayBumiputra
3. Religion : IslamBuddhaHinduChristianOthers ________________
4. Sequence : MC221MC222MC223
5. Semester :123 4 5
Part B (preferences of the students’ park at the restricted area)
6. Do you think that parking space are enough for students?
7. As a student, do you agree to park at Padang Kawad and wait for the bus to go the class?
8. Do you agree that UiTM should provide more space near to the faculty?
Part C (parking provided by UiTM is insufficient)
Reference : 1 – poor2 – fair3 – good
4 – very good5 - excellent
|9. How do you think of the parking that provided by UiTM? |1 |2 |3 |4 |5 | |10. How convenient the parking facilities at UiTM? |1 |2 |3 |4 |5 | |11. How they manage location of the parking area? |1 |2 |3 |4 |5 |
Part D (The attitudes and behaviours of the students)
12. The reason of most of Mass Comm students to park near Faculty is because it is easy to them to go to class. Do you agree?
13. Do you agree that most of the Mass Comm students disobey rules made by UiTM that are restricted to park at the staff parking...