Marketing Plan of Mcdonald

Topics: Marketing, Fast food, Burger King Pages: 10 (2854 words) Published: April 2, 2012
University of Economics and Business – Vietnam Nation University Department of Business Management
* *
Group Assignment
Marketing Plan of McDonald’s

Hà Nội - 2011

Marketing Plan of McDonald’s________________ I. Executive Summary:
Aiming to be the world's best quick service restaurant, McDonald's Pakistan opened its doors in September 1998 at Lahore and presently operating in six major cities with a network of 20 restaurants. With a strong belief in the Ray Krock phrase when you are green you are growing, McDonald's Pakistan has an aggressive plan to expand in all other cities of Pakistan and is rapidly growing with the focus to provide friendly and quick service restaurant experience to our customers. II. Current Marketing Situation:

Formed in 1954, McDonald's brand is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving nearly 50 million people in more than 120 countries each day. Our rich history began with the founder Ray Kroc's vision and his commitment, transformed in our talented executives, and will keep the shine on McDonald's arches for years to come. Changes:

• I noticed that the restaurant is not up to par with it cleanliness and I plan on making that a priority by having a maintenance crew. • Make it mandatory for all managers to attend classes at Hamburger University • By the manager being trained correctly, the employees will also have a training session on each workstation. Business Model:

➢ Franchise Model – Only 15% of the total number of restaurants are owned by the Company. The remaining 85% is operated by franchises. The company follows a comprehensive framework of training and monitoring of its franchises to ensure that they adhere to the Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value propositions offered by the company to its customers. ➢ Product Consistency – By developing a sophisticated supplier networked operation and distribution system, the company has been able to achieve consistent product taste and quality across geographies. ➢ Act like a retailer and think like a brand – McDonald’s focuses not only on delivering sales for the immediate present, but also protecting its long term brand reputation. III. Marketing Description:

+ Product Review
Product is the physical product or service offered to the consumer. Product includes certain aspects such as packaging, guarantee, looks etc. This includes both the tangible and the non-tangible aspects of the product and service.

•McDonald’s product includes vegetarian and non-vegetarian items. •Also involves combo.
•Cares for customer’s sentiments towards religion and Culture. •Separate cooking area and equipments.
•Takes dietary concern-Burger King healthier Kids' Club + Competitive Review
In the UK, the main competition comes from Burger King, but in the USA, competitors also include Wendy's, Taco Bell and Subway. Burger King, often abbreviated as BK, is a global chain of hamburger fast food restaurants headquartered in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. The company began in 1953 as Insta-Burger King, a Jacksonville, Florida -based restaurant chain. At the end of fiscal year 2010, Burger King reported it had more than 12,200 outlets in 73 countries. Wendy's is an international fast food chain restaurant founded by Dave Thomas on November 15, 1969, in Columbus, Ohio , United States. Wendy's menu consists primarily of hamburgers, chicken, sandwiches, French fries, and beverages, including the Frosty, a form of soft serve ice cream mixed with frozen starches. Up until recently, the company did not have a signature sandwich, such as the Big Mac or the Whopper. Instead, the square burger patties (which are fresh ground beef rather than frozen patties) were their signature items. Recently the company introduced a new sandwich entitled, The "W". Taco Bell is...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay about mcdonalds marketing plan
  • Essay on Marketing Plan
  • Essay about MARKETING PLAN
  • Marketing Plan Essay
  • Mcdonalds Marketing Plan Essay
  • Mcdonald Marketing Plan Essay
  • Marketing Plan for Mcdonalds Essay
  • Mcdonald Marketing Plan Research Paper

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free