* Description of the product
Everything about the brand – from the look and feel of the products and packaging to the subtle fragrances – is a delight to the senses. In fact, Lux has been making waves since 1924, when it launched the world's first mass-market beauty soap at a fraction of the cost of some expensive brands. How it all started
* Lux was first introduced as a toilet soap in 1925. Produced by Lever Brothers, it arrived in the UK in 1928, offering people a chance to pamper themselves for a modest price. * From the 1930s right through to the 1970s, Lux soap colours and packaging were altered several times to reflect fashion trends. * In 1958 five colours made up the range: pink, white, blue, green and yellow. People enjoyed matching their soap with their bathroom colours. * Lux soap aws launched in India in the year 1929
* In the early 1990s, Lux responded to the growing trend away from traditional soap bars by launching its own range of shower gels, liquid soaps and moisturising bars. Lux beauty facial wash, Lux beauty bath and Lux beauty shower were launched in 1992. * In 2004, the entire Lux range was relaunched in the UK & Ireland to include five shower gels, three bath products and two new soap bars. 2005 saw the launch of three exciting new variants with dreamy names such as “Wine & Roses” bath cream, “Glowing Touch” and “Sparkling Morning” shower gels.
* Description of the organisation
Introduction to Unilever
No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine. Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Unilever today
No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine. Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Highlights
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods. Here are some recent highlights from our three global divisions - Foods, home care and personal care. Vision
Unilever products touch the lives of over 2 billion people every day – whether that's through feeling great because they've got shiny hair and a brilliant smile, keeping their homes fresh and clean, or by enjoying a great cup of tea, satisfying meal or healthy snack.
A clear direction
The four pillars of our vision set out the long term direction for the company – where we want to go and how we are going to get there: * We work to create a better future every day
* We help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. * We will inspire people to take small everyday actions that can add up to a big difference for the world. * We will develop new ways of doing business that will allow us to double the size of our company while reducing our environmental impact. We've always believed in the power of our brands to improve the quality of people’s lives and in doing the right thing. As our business grows, so do our responsibilities. We recognise that global challenges such as climate change concern us all. Considering the wider impact of our actions is embedded in our values and is a fundamental part of who we are. Purpose & principles
Our corporate purpose states that "to succeed requires the highest standards of corporate behaviour towards our employees, consumers and the societies and world in which we live." Always working with integrity
Conducting our operations with integrity and with respect for the many people, organisations and environments our business touches has...