Text: Marketing Managment
Chapter 4: Conducting Marketing Research
Topic: Market Research; Measuring Market Productivity; Return on Investment Learning Objectives:
1. What constitutes good marketing research?
2. What are the best metrics for measuring marketing productivity? 3. How can marketers assess their return on investment of marketing expenditures?
Video Title: Dunkin’ Donuts
This video describes a historical overview that illustrates the growth and success at Dunkin’ Donuts. The company conducts extensive research to evaluate the freshness and quality of the products. It offers competitive products to meet consumer demands.
1. Explain how and why Dunkin’ Donuts conducts marketing research. Be specific.
2. Explain how Dunkin’ Donuts discovers if the extensive market research is effective.
3. Dunkin Donuts implements extensive research to develop consumer products. Explain how Dunkin’ Donuts expands product offerings to meet the demands of the consumer. Be specific.
1. What are two complimentary approaches that can be used to measure the marketing productivity at Dunkin’ Donuts? a. Marketing metrics to assess marketing affects
b. Marketing-mix modeling to estimate casual relationships and how marketing activity affects outcome c. Marketing meetings to evaluate ideas to market new products d. Market estimation of demand
2. Why does Dunkin’ Donuts use product development labs? e. To train the competitors to duplicate products
f. To enable employees to manipulate the products
g. Taste and evaluate coffee in the entire value chain h. They do not have product development labs
3. Why is it important to test products at Dunkin’ Donuts? i. To offer free samples to the consumer
j. To determine what is acceptable to the consumer
k. To determine how much money consumers are willing to spend in the store l. They do not test products at Dunkin’ Donuts
4. Which of the following is not one of the research instruments that the researchers at Dunkin’ Donuts could use in its research process? m. Questionnaire
n. Qualitative measures
o. Technological devices
p. All of the above
5. Which of the following is not one of the seven characteristics of good marketing research? q. Scientific method
r. Research creativity
s. Multiple methods
t. Multiple channels
Text: Marketing Managment
Chapter 5: Creating Long-term Loyalty Relationships
Topic: Long-term Relationships; Brand loyalty; Consumer satisfaction Learning Objectives:
1. What are customer value, satisfaction, and loyalty, and how can companies deliver them? 2. What is the lifetime value of customers, and how can marketers maximize it? 3. How can companies attract and retain the right customers and cultivate strong customer relationships? 4. What are the pros and cons of database marketing?
Video Title: Harley Davidson
Harley Davidson is an established company that is known for its motorcycles. This video describes the unique brand relationship between Harley Davidson and the owners. It describes the brand loyalty and the value and satisfaction that it delivered to consumers for over one hundred years. The company cultivates strong brand loyalty with the diversified group of products and services it delivers to consumers.
1. Discuss how Harley Davidson delivers value and consumer satisfaction to consumers
2. Describe how the Harley Davidson brand has created lifetime value to consumers.
3. Evaluate and discuss the concept that the Harley Davidson brand “gets into the soul” and discuss how that image contributes to cultivate...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document