- Democratic country.
- Part of the European Union.
- UK sterling currency.
- Good Inflation - UK rate is around the average of the EU as a whole.
- Economy growth good - 0.7% growth each quarter since January 2005.
- Population: 60.2 million.
- Average age: 38.8 years.
- Highly technological country.
- Latest population research.
- PC owners: 77%, Mp3 player: 22%, Home broadband: 25%
- Household internet access - 9.6 Million.
3.3 SWOT Analysis
- World famous company whose products are admired and sold throughout the world
- Manufacturer of the world's No1 Mp3 player & entertainment device.
- Vast portfolio of well established products which appeal to a vast mixture of customer profiles.
- Financially secure for future research and development.
- Products are known to be higher priced.
- Often lack of supplies and stock.
- Apple products are not available in certain countries.
- To further advance Apple technology.
- Creation of mobile phone Ipod to compete with competitive mobile phone Mp3 products.
- Create partnerships with television channels and movie companies with the aim of selling videos to download via Itunes.
- Open more Apple stores throughout the UK.
- Competitors Microsoft
- Mp3 & video piracy laws
- High street retailers (e.g. HMV) who are consistently offering CD and DVD bargains (e.g. 5 CD's for £20).
- The business cycle - currently Apple is enjoying the upper turning peak of the business cycle however this could easily be a future threat when a slowdown in the pace of economic activity happens.
4. Apples Current Market Position and the Products and Services it Offers
Apple Computers have a worldwide PC market share of 2.2% and 6.1% share in the US. In the business arena Apple products are mainly used... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2007, 04). Marketing: Apple Computers. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2007, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-Apple-Computers-114488.html
"Marketing: Apple Computers" StudyMode.com. 04 2007. 04 2007 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-Apple-Computers-114488.html>.
"Marketing: Apple Computers." StudyMode.com. 04, 2007. Accessed 04, 2007. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-Apple-Computers-114488.html.