SUNSILK A Project By Presented to :
Table of Contents
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Vision Statement Mission Statement The History of The Unilever The History of SUNSILK Shampoo The BCG Matrix of Unilever Products Portfolio of Unilever Marketing Mix of SUNSILK Shampoo Segmentation, Targeting, Differentiation, and Positioning of SUNSILK Shampoo 9. Micro and Macro Environment of SUNSILK Shampoo 10.Competitors of SUNSILK Shampoo
VISION STATEMENT UNILEVER
Work to create a better future every day by inspiring people and develop new ways of doing business
MISSION STATEMENT UNILEVER
Their mission is “TO ADD VATILTIY TO LIFE”
UNILEVER INTERNATIONAL HISTORY
• • • • • Unilever is a multi-national corporation, It was created in 1930 by the Lever Brothers and Dutch margarine. Today the company is fully multinational with operating companies in over 100 countries, Employing about 179000 employees With 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's ives in so many different ways. From feeding one’s family to keeping one’s home clean and fresh, Unilever brands are part of everyday life.
UNILEVER PAKISTAN LIMITED
• • • Lever brothers was established in Pakistan in 1958 first site in Pakistan was RAHIM YAR KHAN Largest FMCG company now operating at six locations in Pakistan The enjoys a leading position in most of its core Home and Personal Care and Foods categories, e.g. Personal Wash, Personal Care, Laundry, Beverages (Tea) and Ice Cream. It operates through 4 regional offices, as well as 4 wholly owned and 6 third party manufacturing sites across Pakistan.
•Launched in 1954, in the UK, sun silk had quickly become Unilever’s leading international shampoo brand. •By 1959, it was available in eighteen countries worldwide. •In the 1980’s, Pakistan had a largely under-developed market in terms of personal care products. •The launch of Sun silk in 1983 introduced FMCG industry in Pakistan to redefine the lives of its people.
BCG MATRIX OF UNILEVER
BCG MATRIX OF UNILEVER STARS
High growth rate & high market share
High growth rate & low market share
Low growth rate & high market share
Low growth rate & low market share
SUNSILK is one of the star Products of Unilever, and comes under the category of personal care products.
Variant: Soft and smooth Label color: Yellow Benefit: Keep hair strong and beautiful
Variant: Black Label Color : Black Benefit: Rich and shine black hair
Variant: Soft and smooth Label Color : Pink Benefit: Shiny and beautiful dry hair
Variant: Long and thick Label Color : Green Benefit: Shiny manageable thin and limb and thin hair
Variant: Damage Repair Label Color : Orange Benefit: damage Repair Shampoo
Variant: Anti dandruff Label Color : Blue Benefit: removes dandruff
SUNSILK is the market leader and it therefore sets the market price.
SUNSILK SHAMPOO Rs 200 to Rs 300 PKR Rs 150 to Rs 170 PKR
Rs 88 to Rs 95 PKR
Rs 5 PKR (Sachet)
SUNSILK available in all •
• Small stores
• Utility stores
• General Stores • Medical stores
• Shopping malls
PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES •Door to Door Services •One -On -One Selling •Special Channel Distribution •Road Shows •Schools programs •Spot Selling •Store Intercepts •Stall activities •In store conversions •Television advertisement •Product labels •Websites •Call centers •Free washes and gift hampers
• SUNSILK shampoo will be using gender and age as the basis for segmentation. • This segmentation is demographic. • Market age of segmentation of female of age 16-21, then 21-40 and then above 40.
• Main target market is Females between age 16-40 but they target the whole market.