* Q 1: C. -always use multiple segmentation bases to leverage the capacities of each.
* -segment attractiveness : cost VS benefit
* Take time and money to research, cost benefit tradeoff,
* Use variables …
* Why this segment is attractive ?
Substantial? Enough/ growth in numbers for your business
Responsive? Will this segment pay attention to our brand?
Profitable? How often to buy/ life time value of consumers/
parctise: pick one and back up :
question 2 : C, differentiated
\8.2: segmentation strategies-> (for her, means)targeting strategies important!!
Eg. Cigarette, walmart, bc hydro, comdidity,
2. diferentiated: multi-segment
eg: coke cola(diet, coffin free) different groups of costumers is kinda separate/ understand each one group and have each strategy
3. concentrated: their goal is to expand their market
4. micromarketing (1 to 1)
consultants customizing for each costumer
time-consuming, bc for individual costumer
which strategy to choose depends on your ability to serve(resources and time)
* = target market + differentiation
* Wut the costumers think about your company relative to the other competitors?
* Coke zero is targeting man who worry about calories
Very clear about…
Ubc/ sfu/ bcit/
Ubc: beach, reputation, expensive,
Put into words : how you target market and differentiate?
Positioning statement formula:
i. For your audience
ii. Your probuct name is a category name
iii. Which provides main benefit
iv. Unlike primary competitor
v. Which provides competitor’s main benefit
*Analyze Where you strong and weak.
Example: Listerine & scope
* Listerine, the mouthwash category founder:... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 03). Marketing. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-614831.html
"Marketing" StudyMode.com. 03 2011. 03 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-614831.html>.
"Marketing." StudyMode.com. 03, 2011. Accessed 03, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Marketing-614831.html.