A) marketing concept.
B) market orientation.
C) customer orientation.
D) target marketing.
E) production concept.
2) Eric Villa obtained a license to sell real estate and then accepted a sales position with a Century 21 agency. To prepare for this new position, he purchased and read a research report entitled Buying Habits of Today's Home Buyer. Mr. Villa is attempting to develop a: A) relationship strategy.
B) presentation strategy.
C) promotion strategy.
D) customer strategy.
E) product strategy.
3) When a marketer decides to adopt value-added selling, emphasis will be placed on: A) product development.
B) selling tactics.
C) selling strategies.
D) financing arrangements.
E) the customer.
4) The term product should be broadly interpreted to encompass: A) all intangible items.
B) physical goods and services.
C) physical goods and ideas.
D) physical goods, services, and ideas.
E) all physical goods.
5) Across all businesses, more money is spent on ________ than on any other form of marketing communication.
A) personal selling
B) sales promotion
C) direct mail
E) public relations
6) Psychic income in selling refers to which one of the following? A) high commissions due to successful "intuitive" selling
B) imagining just how great it will be to make $55 000 per year C) satisfaction of being on a commission payment plan
D) job recognition afforded sales personnel
E) the opportunity to be a member of the sales team
7) Terry McMillan, employed by a manufacturer of small appliances, offers assistance to retailers in such areas as credit policies, pricing, display and store layout. He also collects information regarding acceptance of his firm's products. He is performing the duties of a/an: A) inside salesperson.
B) missionary salesperson.
C) sales engineer.
D) detail salesperson.
E) outside salesperson.
8) The primary reason for many sale positions to be given a job title other than "sales person" is because:
A) "sales person" has a negative connotation.
B) selling is more than just completing a sales transaction. C) "sales person" is a specific job.
D) it is fashionable to give big job titles these days.
E) "sales person" refers to order takers.
9) When Eileen was promoted to management, a key factor in determining her fit with the position was the fact that she:
A) had experience in the accounting department.
B) had sales experience.
C) had a very nurturing demeanor.
D) had worked in the warehouse.
E) had graduated from college.
10) Nicole wants to sell intangible products. She should consider companies in the field(s) of: A) furniture.
B) rubber boots.
C) plastic pails.
D) financial planning.
E) computer sales.
11) Proper business etiquette would include:
A) addressing a new prospect by first name.
B) discussing your personal views on politics in order to have an interesting conversation. C) avoiding personal views on political and religious issues. D) discussing business as soon as you finish the personal introductions. E) answering your cell phone when in conversation with a client.
12) It is important that salespeople build and maintain relationships with four groups: A) customers, internal support staff, management personnel, and manufacturing representatives. B) management personnel, vendors, customers, and trade representatives. C) customer support staff, vendors, customers, and trade representatives. D) customers, management personnel, vendors, and secondary decision makers. E) management personnel, company support staff, secondary decision makers, and customers.
13) Developing a relationship strategy for selling involves: A) socializing with clients after business.
B) engaging in transactional selling.
C) adopting a double-win philosophy.
D) having a production orientation.
E) being on a...