1. Region: Canadian tire is spread all over Canada with 1200 stores across the country.
2. Market size: 90 per cent of the Canadians visit CT every year. One third of sales are driven by strong in-house brands leading market share in many of key lines in business.
3. Market density: Canadian tire is one of the most shopped general merchandise retailers. A CT store is within 15 minutes reach of 90 per cent of Canadians and has 1200 stores across Canada.
4. Climate: The climate in Canada has great variations and weather patterns across the country. Snow tires, warm winter clothes are important products in many regions of Canada. CT caters to these needs of Canadians.
1. Age: Canadian tire’s average shopper is middle aged, so Canadian tire really gets into the 18-35 age groups.
2. Gender: Canadian tire is not gender specific; it appeals to both males and females.
3. Income: Canadian tire is preferred mostly by Gen X. They are the money making generation and they are more likely to shop at Canadian tire for its brand value, good products, best deals and appropriate pricing.
4. Race/Ethnicity: According to popular surveys, it has been observed that Canadian tire is mostly visited by 90 per cent of ‘Canadians’.
1. Personality: People of all age groups, shapes and sizes, colours and races visit Canadian tire.
2. Motives: The motive of consumers who visit Canadian tire is to get the best product at best price. Canadian tire is a brand name people choose CT because of its reliability, durability of products and appropriate pricing.
3. Lifestyle: Lifestyle is an important factor in determining customer purchasing behaviour. Canadian tire customers are people with a stable life style, good income and can be called as “middle class” people.
Benefits segmentation divides up the market based on the benefits customers seek from using a product. Canadian tire’s customers have...