Dept. of Pharma. Management
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), Mohali Academic year: 2011-13(3rd Sem)
Rahul Bhargava (Director)
Kush Bhatnagar (Product Manager)
XL Laboratories Pvt.Ltd
New Delhi (INDIA)
I hereby declare that the present work embodied in this thesis entitled “Female Hormone: Doctor’s Perception Analysis” Has been carried out by me under the direct supervision of:
Mr. Rahul Bhargava, Mr Kush Bhatnagar
Marketing Manage , XL Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
Anand Sharma, Associate Professor, NIPER.
This work has not been and will not be submitted in part or in full in any other university or institution for any degree or diploma or to any other organization for commercial purpose.
Yogesh Bhargava MBA IIIrd Sem Department of Pharmaceutical Management, NIIPER , S.A.S. Nagar Punjab – 160062 INDIA
First i would like to thank God Almighty
I am thankful to National institute of pharmaceutical education & research (NIPER) & XL Laboratories Pvt Limited to provide me this great opportunity. I am thankful to XL Lab. to provide me all needed resources during training. I am thankful to my guide Mr. Rahul bhargava and Mr. Kush Bhatnagar who helped me throughout my project starting from planning of project, to complete the project in time. He was always there to solve any question, even in his busy schedule. Next I would like to thank each & every person of Female Hormone department who helped me throughout my project, in particular I would like to thank Rahul Bhargava,Kush Bhatnagar,
I would like to extend my gratitude to all doctors who gave me their valuable time and opinions which went int putting my thesis together.
To study the prescribing pattern & perception of the estrogen & progesterone products among gynaecologists
* To identify opportunities & market analysis of estrogen & progesterone products * To find out the factors responsible for the sale of these products * To find out the most prescribed API’s & brands in this market * To find out the best possible way to launch these products
* It is a steroid hormone occurring in both men & women * Estrogen is a general name for three separate hormones * DECREASING ORDER OF POTENCY
DECREASING ORDER OF POTENCY
* In female body, it is produced mainly at three sites : * Ovaries (main source in pre-menopausal women)
* Fat cells (main source in post-menopausal women)
* Main Function- To prepare endometrium for implantation
* Other functions
* Growth & development of sex organs & other tissues related to reproduction * Helps in increasing bone mass by decreasing no. & activity of osteoclasts & thus decreases bone resorption * Increases HDL & decreases LDL ; thus improves lipid profile * In males, estrogen affects spermatogenesis...