Mapping Your Future
Professor Lori Dewald
1. State your chosen degree program at Kaplan University. If you are a campus student, please list your home campus. 2. What is the national median salary for the specific job you want to pursue? What is the demand for jobs in your geographical area (or where you plan to live after graduation)? Are there any required professional certifications (besides the degree you will complete at Kaplan) youwill need to perform certain duties of the job? If so, how do you plan to meet the criteria for applyingand obtaining the extra education? Are there certain program accreditations required from your educational institution to perform certain jobs in your chosen field? Does Kaplan have that accreditation? 6. What is the overall job outlook for your chosen field?
7. Discuss at least five “duties” you would do in your profession on a daily/weekly basis. 8. List at least three tools and technology you will need in this occupation.
1.Bachelors in Health Science. I’m an online student.
2. National Median Salary: $68,250 per year
3. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metropolitan Division 2,570 job openings 1.10 employment per thousand jobs, $44.14 hourly mean wage, $91,800 annual mean wage.
4. No professional certifications needed, they can be used but are less common. Associate’s degree in dental hygiene to enter the occupation. I want to be well trained in my field so I’m going for a bachelors degree. I would like to be over qualified rather than minimally.
5. Certain programs needed for example, I need to be licensed in the state where I wish to reside. Kaplan does not have a degree in Dental Hygiene.
6. The over all job outlook for Dental Hygienist is to clean teeth and examine oral areas, head, and neck for signs of oral disease. May educate patients on oral hygiene, take and develop x rays, or apply fluoride or sealants.
7. Five duties i...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document