The Oceanarium was described as "the first and largest aquarium facility in the Philippines. It promises an experience of a wide variety of species indigenous to the Philippines and South East Asia. Getting inside the park, a dome shaped entrance hall is what will welcome the visitors. It's ceiling is a large showcase of photos of marine animals alongside its sponsors.
The manila ocean park showcase the following:
• Agos (Flow) – a rainforest motif complete with 8 tanks of freshwater fishes.
• Bahura (The Reef) – exhibition of artificial corals in 48 tanks.
• Laot (Fishing Ground) – features big fish and Eagle-spotted rays in a long tank.
• Buhay na Karagatan (Living Ocean) – the main attraction of the oceanarium is a 25-metre long walkway tunnel with 220-degree curved acrylic walls similarly seen in Ocean Park Hong Kong, Underwater World inSingapore, Siam Ocean World in Bangkok, Thailand and Aquaria KLCC in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The difference between MOP's is a 220-degree curved tunnel as compared to the standard 180-degree curved tunnels seen in other Asian countries.
• Kalaliman ( The Deep ) - showcases marine animals found in the deepest parts of the Philippine's waters
• Pagi (Sting Ray)– variety of rays fly over while you're under this unique Overhang Tank.
• Pating (Shark) – features several species of shark.
Cite This Essay
(2013, 01). Manila Ocean Park. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Manila-Ocean-Park-1355096.html
"Manila Ocean Park" StudyMode.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Manila-Ocean-Park-1355096.html>.
- MLA 7
"Manila Ocean Park." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Manila-Ocean-Park-1355096.html>.
"Manila Ocean Park." StudyMode.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Manila-Ocean-Park-1355096.html.