David, Roy Carlo E. December 15, 2012 ChE-2 Dr. Josephine Tuliao
1. What are the causes of the Indolence of Filipinos?
* Rizal admits the existence of indolence among the Filipinos, but it could be recognized to a number of reasons. The factors that cause the indolence of Filipinos are the climate and social disorders.
2. Corroborate the causes of the Indolence of Filipinos that caused the disorder and backwardness of the country?
* The hot climate in the country can indeed be reasonable in causing indolence. Europeans have a different case, since because of the cold climate, they need to work harder. He equates an hour of work in the Philippine’s sun with a day of work in temperate regions. The Filipinos are very industrious and hardworking before the coming of Spaniards.
3. Discuss the articles in the Philippine Century Hence.
* “The Philippines a Century Hence” is an essay written by Dr. Jose Rizal to forecast the future of the country within a hundred years. The essay started by evaluating the various causes of the miseries suffered by the Filipino people. There are three; Spain’s implementation of its military policies, deterioration and disappearance of Filipino indigenous cultures and passivity submissiveness to the Spanish colonizers. The question then arises as to what had awakened the hearts and opened the minds of the Filipino people with regards to their dilemma. Eventually, the natives realized that such domination in their society by foreign colonizers must no longer be tolerated. Spain, therefore, had no means to stop the progress of the country. What they need to do is to change their colonial policies so that they are in keeping with the needs of the Philippine society and to the rising nationalism of the people. What...