MIS Quiz #2 Preparation
Chapter 2: Global E-Business and Collaboration
TRUE/FALSE. Write ʹTʹ if the statement is true and ʹFʹ if the statement is false. 1) Operational management is responsible for directing the day - to- day operations of the business and therefore needs transaction - level information.
2) You would use an MIS to help decide whether to introduce a new product line.
3) Online collaboration tools eliminate the need for global firms to have synchronous collaboration.
4) Transaction processing systems are most commonly used by the senior management level of an organization.
5) A transaction processing system is a computerized system that performs and records the daily routine transactions necessary to conduct business.
6) A hotel reservation system is a typical example of a management information system.
7) Management information systems typically support nonroutine decision making.
8) Enrolling employees in benefits plans is a business process handled by the finance and accounting function.
9) Functional systems that support business processes within a single functional group, such as human resources, are being phased out in favor of cross - functional systems.
10) Managers need TPSs to monitor the status of internal operations and the firmʹs relations with the external environment.
11) Most MISs use sophisticated mathematical models or statistical techniques.
12) Decision- support systems help managers make decisions that are unique, rapidly changing, and not easily specified in advance.
13) Decision- support systems use internal information as well as information from external sources.
14) ESSs are designed to serve the middle management of the organization.
15) ESSs are designed to incorporate data about external events, but they also draw summarized information from internal MIS and DSS.
16) A Skype conference call using VOIP and webcams is an example of a remote, synchronous collaboration tool.
17) ESSs are designed primarily to solve specific problems.
18) Information supplied by an enterprise system is structured around cross - functional business processes.
19) Enterprise systems often include transactions with customers and vendors.
20) Supply chain management systems are more externally oriented than enterprise systems.
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question. 21) An example of a collaboration tool that supports colocated, asynchronous collaboration is A) a MUD.
B) a wall display.
C) a team room.
D) e- mail.
22) Identifying customers is a responsibility of the ________ function. A) sales and marketing
B) human resources
C) manufacturing and production
D) finance and accounting
23) Producing bills of materials is a business process within the ________ function. A) human resources
B) manufacturing and production
C) finance and accounting
D) sales and marketing
24) Which of the following is an example of a cross - functional business process? A) assembling a product
B) identifying customers
C) paying creditors
D) creating a new product
25) Which type of system would you use to change a production schedule if a key supplier was late in delivering goods?
26) To monitor the status of internal operations and the firmʹs relations with the external environment, managers need ________ systems.
B) transaction processing
C) decision- support
D) management information
27) Which systems are typically a major source of data for other systems? A) decision- support systems
B) transaction processing systems
C) management information systems
D) executive support systems
Please join StudyMode to read the full document