MANAGEMENT CONTROL SYSTEM ASSIGNMENT
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
* Amul (Anand Milk Union Limited), formed in 1946, is a dairy cooperative movement in India. * It is managed by Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF). * AMUL is based in Anand, Gujarat and has been a sterling example of a co-operative organization's success in the long term. The Amul Pattern has established itself as a uniquely appropriate model for rural development. * Amul has spurred the White Revolution of India. It is also the world's biggest vegetarian cheese brand. * Established as a response to exploitation of Marginal Milk Producers * Polson Dairy – only dairy in Anand
* Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel & Morarji Desai advised farmers to form Cooperative * Milk Supply was done directly to Bombay milk scheme.
* Village level cooperatives was established
* First modern dairy of the Kaira Union was established at Anand . GCMMF: AN OVERVIEW
* Members: 13 district cooperative milk producers' Union * No. of Producer Members: 2.79 million
* No. of Village Societies: 13,328
* Total Milk handling capacity: 11.22 million litres per day * Milk collection (Total - 2008-09): 3.05 billion litres
* Milk collection (Daily Average 2008-09): 8.4 million litres * Milk Drying Capacity: 626 Mts. per day
* Cattlefeed manufacturing Capacity: 3500 Mts per day
THE 13 UNIONS OF GCMMF
Kaira, Sabarkantha,Mehsana, Surendranagar, Kheda, Valsad, Vadodara, Baroda, Banaskantha,Navsari, Dang GOAL & OBJECTIVES
Goal: To maximize shareholder’s value, i.e. the wealth of the milk producers/farmers Objectives: Not to maximize the profit of GCMMF, rather provide the best price for the farmers for their milk * Since by the by-laws, a maximum of 12 % on the paid share capital is paid to them as the dividend * So the price given to the suppliers is not a cost but integral part of the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document