Chapter 1: The Exceptional Manager, What you do, How you do it
Section A (Multiple Choice Questions)
1. To be _____________ means to use resources wisely and cost-effectively.
2. To be ______________ means to make the right decisions and successfully carry them out to achieve goals.
3. An administrator at a college is deciding whether English professors should teach specialized courses or teach a variety of English courses. This is an example of:
E)none of the above
4. Managers who are responsible for the people who directly make a product are called:
5. Jo, a managing partner of a law firm, understands tax law. This means she has a ______________ skill.
6. Human skills are particularly important for _______________ managers.
D)both A and B but not C
E)A, B, and C
7. Jane is in charge of her Rotary Club’s annual fund-raising auction. She will decide who will ask local businesses for prizes, who will determine the site, who will sell tickets to customers, and who will work the night of the auction. She is engaged in the management function of:
|A) |planning | |B) |controlling | |C) |leading | |D) |resource allocation | |E) |organizing |
8. The marketing manager of Interstate Bakeries was asked to meet with the organization's research and development department to explain why the company needed to change its 25-year-old package design for Twinkies. The marketing manager took on an interpersonal role as:
|A) |liaison | |B) |disseminator | |C) |disturbance handler | |D) |figurehead | |E) |resource allocator |
9. _____ is the accomplishment of tasks that help fulfill organizational objectives.
10.A group of people who work together to achieve some specific purpose is/are called
C) a team.
D) an organization.
E) a community.
Section B (Structure Questions)
1. What is management?
2. Identify and describe the four managerial functions with relevant examples. 3. Explain the three types of managerial roles (and their...