|Name: |Date: |
Test Part 2: Thinking and Feeling
1. Write one short-term goal for enhancing your sense of self, and list all of the steps necessary to achieve the goal. The steps to your goal must include how you will deal with the positive and negative influences on your sense of self. (15 points)
One goal to enhance my sense in self would to probably be to go to the gym and work out my muscular shape. The steps would include going to the gym daily and following the trainer's instructions on how to build my muscle. The steps might go as follows:
1. Go to gym every day to increase muscular mass.
2. Every night preform a few exercises and such to maintain muscle mass 3. Eat healthy and lots of protein.
4. Take trainers advice of what else must be done.
Some positive influences on my sense of self might be my social environment (Lots of close friends who actually will go to the gym with me so it applies to my goal as well). My friends also encourage me in whatever I choose to do. I will welcome this encouragement and it will definitely help me reach my goal. A negative influence might be an internal critic saying that I can't reach my goal and that its way too hard and takes too much time. I will try to ignore this idea and focus on succeeding my goal and won't stop until I do.
2. Imagine you are teaching a fifth grader about health. Write a paragraph for the fifth grader that explains why effective communication is related to health. Include a definition of "effective communication" in your paragraph. (15 points)
Effective communication is being able to talk with someone in a better way, a way that both talkers will understand each other more clearly. Good communication first requires that you know what you are trying to talk to. If you don't know what you...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document