There are a few differences that exist between FMC green River and FMC Aberdeen. I will first explain the background for both of these facilities. Then I will describe my analysis of the situation in regards to the management of ability, organizational commitment, job satisfaction, and organizational ethics. Following that I will explain some alternatives and recommendations that I have for them. After all that is said and done I will explain how the implementation process should work. I will conclude with my own thoughts and views on the situation.
The first major difference is that Aberdeen has only one customer and Green River has over 100 customers worldwide. Another difference is that Aberdeen employees 100 people compared to 1,250 and counting at Green River. Also Aberdeen is a new single plant with one product and Green River started in 1948 and has two plants already with several product lines. Along with all that Aberdeen has no union and is in the defense industry to where as Green River has a union with the United Steel Workers of America and is in the chemical industry.
Analysis of the Situation
In regards to the management of ability, organizational commitment, job satisfaction, and organizational ethics some things that Dailey will have to consider at Green River are (Clawson, 2005):
1) His employees are union based and that means changes to its employee's schedules, job descriptions, and job titles have to be negotiated and approved first before any actions can be taken.
2) His selection in employees is based on required skills instead of their abilities or personalities which would help him to understand the interpersonal skills of his new hires.
3) When it comes to monitoring, disturbance handler, negotiator, liaison versus team member his managerial roles are much more traditional.
4) For many many years his work process, procedure & policy infrastructure have been in place.
5) Interaction... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2007, 05). The Management of Ability (Green River). StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2007, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Management-Ability-Green-River-116910.html
"The Management of Ability (Green River)" StudyMode.com. 05 2007. 05 2007 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Management-Ability-Green-River-116910.html>.
"The Management of Ability (Green River)." StudyMode.com. 05, 2007. Accessed 05, 2007. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Management-Ability-Green-River-116910.html.