1. Introduction – Why we are here 2. Ecommerce Study Summary 3. Interview Assessment Overview 4. Industry Recommendations
1. 2. 3. Education Business Process Change GDS Pilot
1SYNC RCE in Action Beer Industry GDS Study
The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) and the Beer Industry Electronic Commerce Coalition (BIECC) are funding a project called the Beer Industry GDS Readiness Assessment. The objective of this engagement is to: • Support the proactive planning of Global Data Synchronization (GDS) solutions by evaluating beer suppliers, importers, distributors and retailers, regarding logistics, item and price / promotion data collection, invoicing, and other relevant business processes • • Provide a prescriptive implementation roadmap that may be used for a Beer Industry GDS pilot. Lay the groundwork for adoption and implementation of Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) within the 3-tier beer industry
Call To Action
• Other Industries are moving forward • Those that lead determine the direction • Benefits can not be ignored (Accenture Study, Clorox White Paper) • Price Synchronization being finalized • Retailers looking to expand data sync to alcohol segments
How it was done
The Research conducted falls into two categories 1. Electronic Technology Capabilities Survey given to 109 NBWA Distributors.
• An important step in this assessment was to establish the beer industry’s current capabilities for electronic commerce in general and data synchronization in particular.
2. One on One Interviews with Brewers/Importers, Distributors and Retailers.
• 21 Interviews were conducted.
E-Commerce Questionnaire Highlights
Further Industry Education and Best Practices Needed to help Distributors Industry Education Needed • Only 15% of respondents have a mostly accurate understanding of what GDS is, at a very high level • Only... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 12). Management. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Management-884745.html
"Management" StudyMode.com. 12 2011. 2011. 12 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Management-884745.html>.
- MLA 7
"Management." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 12 2011. Web. 12 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Management-884745.html>.
"Management." StudyMode.com. 12, 2011. Accessed 12, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Management-884745.html.