I am the Marketing Manager of Gloria Jeans Coffees, responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring marketing activates within the business. In this report I will first explain how I would establish personal work goals, set and meet my own work priorities and develop and maintain professional competence.
1. Establish Personal Work Goals
List Responsibilities of position:
* Produce annual planning for the marketing and public relations activities of Gloria Jeans showing initiative in developing new markets, retaining current markets and implementing new tactics in regard to selling and promoting Gloria Jeans.
* In consultation with the CEO have responsibility for public relations, image and branding of Gloria Jeans and associated marketing collateral ensuring a cohesive and innovative presence in the market place.
* Assume responsibility for liaison with key external organizations and develop relationships with these organizations.
* Assume responsibility for the research, evaluation and identification of new target markets and develop campaign strategies to reach these new markets.
* Manage the marketing team providing positive performance review and development of staff in their specific roles to ensure department resources are optimized and that the team functions well together by encouraging communication, trust and respect .
Give examples of specific personal work goals:
* To develop a detailed 5 year marketing plan within 6 months and present to the company board for acceptance.
* To conduct a new promotional campaign with successful take up of the range to budget expectations by June 2012.
* To increase market awareness of the brand and services provided by 10% by end of 2012.
* To increase market share by 2% by the start of 2013 by introducing a new organic range of coffee and food.
* To assist in opening two new stores in December 2011 to achieve maximum publicity
State how you would measure performance against those goals:
* To achieve acceptance of the marketing plan by the company board
* To achieve budget expectations of the new product range
* To conduct market research by surveying the public to achieve an overall awareness of the brand of 80%
* To achieve a market share of 10% by comparing data gathered from ABS in regards to the income of the retail coffee market and the income generated by Gloria Jeans, between the annual period of January 2012 and December 2012
* To achieve coverage by 3 media outlets of the new store openings
2. Set and meet own work priorities
Daily/monthly and annual priorities
Daily Priority| Important| Urgent|
1. Crisis control| * | * |
2. Marketing Team Meeting| * | * |
3. Return yesterdays phone calls| | * |
4. Check daily email| | * |
5. Review Sales Statistics | * | |
Monthly Priority| Important| Urgent|
1. Sales Review| * | * |
2. Prepare Promotional Strategy for coffee range.| * | * | 3. Management Team Meeting | * | |
4. Shop visit| * | |
5. News letter| | * |
Annual Priority| Important| Urgent|
1. Marketing Budget Plan| * | * |
2. Sales Conference| * | * |
3. Franchisee Conference| * | |
4. Conduct performance review of team members| * | |
5. Hire new staff | * | |
The use of technology to set and manage work priorities:
Technology is used efficiently and effectively to manage work priorities and commitments.
Mobile phone: It allows fast and efficient communication as we can contact people across the world at any time. Also the calendar and to-do applications allow you to organize your calendar and make note of important tasks that need to be done.
The Internet: It allows fast access to information about every subject, it provides many services and the...