Man is the architect of his own fortune.
Man is the architect of his own fortune. That is an old well known English maxim and the good fortune that the man has evolved out for him at the present moment can be amply verified as soon as we receive our morning newspapers. The sample good news that we are receiving now in every morning are as follows:
(1) Bihar Government Deny starvation death. (A.B.P. 23.45)
(2) Rice selling at 55 and salt at 80/- per (?).
(3) People living on cotton & Potato leaves.
(4) 600 Viet Minh Troops Taken Prisoner.
(5) 500 mounds of food burnt in granary.
(6) Famine conditions in such and such places.
(7) Progressive decontrol urged in Conferences.
(8) Recovery of Abducted women.
(9) (?) on woes of Refugees.
(10) High Government official Arrested.
(11) Government Crisis in Britain.
(12) Troops Patrolling Streets of Cooch Behar
(13) Mob attacks ____'s House and injures son.
(14) Congress Office Raided
(15) Rationing Official Assaulted
(16) Present Administration (?) and compared with past
(17) 30,000 Nepalese migrate to India.
(18) Persian students defy Government Ban.
(19) Mile long procession in Sympathy with Killed oil workers.
(20) Red offensive Imminent.
(21) Principal Garg Killed by examinees
(22) Daring Robbery at Lloyds Bank.
(23) Rs. 12 lakhs taken away.
(24) Baroda Ex-Rulers Submission to President.
Thoughtful men must now seriously think how we are marching towards the progressive way of human civilization. The influence of modern civilizing process, by the highests(?) of planning commissions, is gradually leading us to a destination summarised as follows:
(1) Destruction of Faith, Truthfulness, cleanliness, Forgiveness, Mercy, Longevity, Strength and Memory.
(2) Accumulation of vast wealth is the standard of recognition for one's parentage, behavior and good qualities.
(3) Black-market in every business deal
(4) Only a piece of thread on the body marks the sign of Brahmanism.
(5) Only a red garment as the sign of a sanny?sî.
(6) No justice in the law Court without money.
(7) Impartinance as the sign of education.
(8) Poverty means dishonesty.
(9) Pride means honesty.
(10) Acceptance by contract means marriage.
(11) Keeping long hairs means beauty.
(12) Exaggeration means truthfulness.
(13) Filling the stomach means self-realization.
(14) Providing the wife & children means ability.
(15) Religiosity means to acquire some extraordinary name & fame.
When we have produced such a glorious sample of human civilization, certainly democracy will...