There is a class of men who think that everything is pre-determined in life and, however much you may try, you cannot get out of that groove. So even your best efforts cannot yield more gains than those God has already settled for you, for fate rules supreme. Even great Shakespeare had said – there is a divinity that shapes our will. Man cannot change this fortune. What is lotted cannot be blotted or avoided. But there is another school of opinion, that is more reasonable in this age of science, that a man has powers and parts to build his own career. The efforts of a resolute and steadfast worker are sure to be crowned will success in the long run. If the students who get plucked once discontinues his effort with the belief that it is his settled lot not to pass this examination, wells to him destiny is supreme. But if he tries again and again with greater determination and devotion to his studies, he will certainly pass next time. Fate has certainly endowed every man with some powers. His duty is to turn to use those powers. It is quite likely that in God’s good time he will come out successful. Indeed, fortune favours the brave, the active and diligent man. So Rastra Guru Surendranath Banerjee used to say ‘knock and the door will open for you’, suffer that you can prosper.
Man is the architect of his own fortune.
Man is the architect of his own fortune. That is an old well known English maxim and the good fortune that the man has evolved out for him at the present moment can be amply verified as soon as we receive our morning newspapers. The sample good news that we are receiving now in every morning are as follows:
(1) Bihar Government Deny starvation death. (A.B.P. 23.45)
(2) Rice selling at 55 and salt at 80/- per (?).
(3) People living on cotton & Potato leaves.
(4) 600 Viet Minh Troops Taken Prisoner.
(5) 500 mounds of food burnt in granary.
(6) Famine conditions in such and such places.
(7) Progressive decontrol urged in Conferences.
(8) Recovery of Abducted women.
(9) (?) on woes of Refugees.
(10) High Government official Arrested.
(11) Government Crisis in Britain.
(12) Troops Patrolling Streets of Cooch Behar
(13) Mob attacks ____'s House and injures son.
(14) Congress Office Raided
(15) Rationing Official Assaulted
(16) Present Administration (?) and compared with past
(17) 30,000 Nepalese migrate to India.
(18) Persian students defy Government Ban.
(19) Mile long procession in Sympathy with Killed oil workers.
(20) Red offensive Imminent.
(21) Principal Garg Killed by examinees
(22) Daring Robbery at Lloyds Bank.
(23) Rs. 12 lakhs taken away.
(24) Baroda Ex-Rulers Submission to President.
Thoughtful men must now seriously think how we are marching towards the progressive way of human civilization. The influence of modern civilizing process, by the highests(?) of planning commissions, is gradually leading us to a destination summarised as follows:
(1) Destruction of Faith, Truthfulness, cleanliness, Forgiveness, Mercy, Longevity, Strength and Memory.
(2) Accumulation of vast wealth is the standard of recognition for one's parentage, behavior and good qualities.
(3) Black-market in every business deal
(4) Only a piece of thread on the body marks the sign of Brahmanism.
(5) Only a red garment as the sign of a sanny?sî.
(6) No justice in the law Court without money.
(7) Impartinance as the sign of education.
(8) Poverty means dishonesty.
(9) Pride means honesty.
(10) Acceptance by contract means marriage.
(11) Keeping long hairs means beauty.
(12) Exaggeration means truthfulness.
(13) Filling the stomach means self-realization.
(14) Providing the wife & children means ability.
(15) Religiosity means to acquire some extraordinary name & fame.
When we have produced such a glorious sample of human civilization, certainly democracy will...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document