CHAPTER ONE – HISTORY AND POLITICS
1. History has proven that Malaysia is not a new country. Humans have been living in several areas of the country since the Stone Age.
a) With reference to the findings on ancient civilizations in the coun try discuss in what manner they are related to the current civilization.
b) Explain the long-term effects of British colonialism in the country that have lasted till today.
2. According to history, Malacca was founded by Parameswara in 1403 A.D. In the years that followed, Malacca grew into a great Empire in the Malay Archipelago. a) Discuss the Golden Age of Malacca.
b) Explain the factors for the fall of the Malacca Empire
3. The golden age of the Malay Kingdom of Malacca ended in 1511 after the Portuguese attack. History showed that Malacca reached its supremacy under the rule of Sultan Mansur Syah but declined thereafter.
a) Discuss the p roblem that occur in the country that contributed to the decline of the Malacca Empire.
b) Describes the problem that happen outside of Malacca that contributed to the fall of Malacca Empire.
4. Malaysia is classified as one of the Commonwealth countries, that is, as a fo rmer British colony, it was subjugated by other powers for approximately 446 years. a) Malaysia was once a colonized land. Discuss some of European countries that had colonized Malaysia before.
b) Explain the reasons for Portuguese took over o f Malacca. (8 marks)
c) What happen to Malay Archipelago when British and Dutch agree to signed THE ANGLO DUTCH TREATY 1824?
5. The Japanese occupation was an important event in the history of Malaya. a) Discuss the reasons WHY Japanese military can conquer Malaya easily? (10 marks) b) Why British Army failed to defend Malaya from Japanese army attack? (5 marks) 6. Japanese occupied Malaya for three and a half years but they had a great impact on the country.
a) Describes the Japanese attack in Malaya?
b) What are the EFFECTS of the Japanese Invasion?
7. One of the most important periods that Malaysia went through was the period of the emergency. The emergency period is closely related to the development and activities of the Communist Party of Malaya (MCP).
a) When ERA OF THE EMERGENCY happened?
b) What happen during the ERA OF EMERGENCY?
c) How British try to eliminate the communists and their activities? (7 marks)
8. During the Era of the Emergency, Sir Gerald Templer launched the physical warfare. a) What do you understand about the psychological warfare?
b) Briefly explain the effects of Briggs Plan Malaysian community. (8marks)
CHAPTER TWO – SYSTEM AND STRUCTURE OF ADMINISTRATION
9. On 10 October 1945 the British Parliament presented a white paper with the content that the British aimed to create a new system of administration in Malaya known as the Malayan Union.
a) Describes the FEATURES of the Malayan Union.
b) Discuss the factors that brought about Malayan Union dissolution? (7marks)
10. The main objective of the British in introducing the Malayan Union was to ensure that the economic interests of the British in Malaya were protected. a) Explain the FACTORS which led to the failure of the Malayan Union. (10 marks) b) How Malaya people show their opposition toward Malayan Union? (5 marks)
11. The British Government finally agreed to replace the Malayan Union with a new form of government, known as the Federation of Malaya.
a) After Malayan Union was dissolved, what are MATTERS that being proposed by the committee for the new constitution?
b) State the reasons for AMCJA and PUTERA opposed the new constitutions?(9marks) 12. Political parties continued to grow in Malaya. Leaders and members of political parties focused their struggle on protecting the interests of the members and also on striving for the country’s independence....