Jamaica M. Ronquillo
Mrs. Glenda Abad
I. Information about Macopa
1. Other names
* Champoo - Thailand
* Lembu- Taiwan
* Bell fruit-English
* Wax apple-English
2. Scientific Classification
* Scientific name:Syzygium samarangense
* Species:S. samaranganse
* Flowers from March to April, probably in other months.
* Widely cultivated in the Philippines, Malay Peninsula and Archipelago.
6. Economic importance
* Fruits are used for ornamental purposes.
* The unopened flower buds are an important spice.
* Fruit is edible that are eaten fresh or used in jams and jellies.
7. Medicinal value
* Eating macopa include the intake of nutrients such as protein, iron, sugar, calcium, phosphorous, sulfuric acid, and citric acid. * It is rich in Vitamin C and it contains antioxidant compounds, phenolics and flavonoids. * There is evidence from the literature showing that macopa has astringent, anti-microbial, and diuretic properties. * It can also be an effective treatment for scurvy.
* The fruit’s carminative effects help relieve stomach pain. * fruit extract from macopa ameliorates insulin resistance therefore this fruit is potentially effective in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. * The bark, leaves, and roots are useful in treating other illnesses. Scrapings of the inner bark or a decoction of the hard bark can cure sore throat, thrush, and diarrhea. * The powdered leaves are effective in treating cracked tongues.
Steps on How to make Leaf...