Quotes of Piggy Lord of the Flies
1) Piggy: "We can use this to call the others. Have a meeting. They’ll come when they hear us—."
2) Piggy wants Ralph to lead since he knows he can’t and that nobody would take him seriously. Also, Piggy is the one who wants this island to be most like a normal, formal, society with rule, order and peace
4) Piggy: "How can you expect to be rescued if you don’t put first things first and act proper?"
5) Golding: "There was the brilliant world of hunting, tactics, fierce exhilaration, skill, and there was the world of longing and baffled common-sense."
6) Piggy, for all his ludicrous body, had brains. Ralph was a specialist in thought now, and could recognize thought in another." Chapter 5, pg. 71
|"I don't care what they call me,” he said confidentially, “so long as they don’t | |call me what they used to call me in school.” | |Ralph was faintly interested. | |“What was that?” | |The fat boy glanced over his shoulder, then leaned toward Ralph. | |He whispered. | |“They used to call me Piggy!” (1.65-70) |
Before the boys reveal their names, they are identified by their appearances. Ralph is “the fair boy” and Piggy the “fat” one. But Piggy’s name itself refers to his weight, which means even back in the civilized world appearance determined identity. We might feel at ease once we know everyone’s real name, but this forces us to wonder what the difference is between being called “the fat boy” and “Piggy.” They are really the same thing.
8) Jack: "'You're no good on a job like this.'"
9) "The rock struck Piggy a glancing blow from chin to knee; the conch exploded into a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document