Advantages of Straight Grate Indurating Furnace over Chinese System (Grate Kiln Technology) 1. We offer Pelletizing Plant with Straight Grate Indurating Furnace which is proven worldwide whereas Chinese plants offer Grate Kiln Technology. Its usage is shown below:
2. Straight Grate Technology is available with us which is widely used for Hematite as the ore .we have expertise to handle Hematite, whereas for Chinese manufacturers handling hematite ore is an experiment. We assure you guaranteed performance with Hematite ore.
3. India’s all the five Pelletization plants Installed are of this Straight traveling grate technology. In case of certain operational & consultancy on finding right person for Chinese plants which runs on Grate Kiln technology is not possible. Moreover, we are fully geared up to supply this technology furnace to you with our Design team experienced in working with the pioneer Pelletizing plants in India. 4. The mechanical properties of the pellets made by Straight grate furnace are much better than others like: * Tumbling Index of 95% +6.5mm.
* Average cold compressive strength of fired pellets is at least 2500 Newton per pellet, applied to pellets of diameter of 12 ± 1mm. * Pellets having cold crushing strength below 800 N max 5%. Hence chances of breakage during transportation are non existent whereas Grate Kiln results in lot of transits wastages due to breakage. The Pellets produced with this technology are of DRI quality. Use of a single unit for Pellet Drying, Preheating, Firing and Cooling: * Pellets remain undisturbed throughout the entire process (including cooling). * Uniform heat treatment.
* Minimized dust and fines generation.
* No intermediate strength requirement.
Several burners in preheating and firing zones:
* Superior process flexibility.
* Adjustable temperature profile.
* Adaptation of different firing profiles to changing raw materials. Stationary refractories, grate maintenance off-line:
* Low maintenance costs and high availability
Several recuperation techniques:
* Low specific heat consumption
Heat transfer by convection instead of radiation :
Uniform heat treatment, leading to uniform product quality.
Moreover when some better technology is available within India we must get maximum utilisation of it. RAW MATERIAL REQUIREMENT
a)IRON ORE FINES (Hematite Ore): -
* 66.5% Fe is normally not available from mines. It needs to be achieved after Beneficiating available iron ore fines. b) BENTONITE (Binder): -
* It is a montmorillonite type of clay which is formed by alteration of volcanic ash deposited in water. * Addition of 0.5 to 1.5%.
* Absorbs huge amount of water,10 times of its own...