Choose one of the following to complete as a summative assessment. This will be due on March 5th (A day) or March 6th (B day). No late assignments will be accepted. 1. Write a 2-3-page paper exploring the concept of “pig” in several cultures. Compare/contrast those concepts with the use of “pig” in Lord of the Flies.
2. Create a diorama of the island in Lord of the Flies based on details from the story. Write a one-page paper explaining the significance of the island and its physical features for the story.
3. Create a topographical map of the island large enough to display in the classroom. Label sites of significance in order of their occurrence in Lord of the Flies. Provide a key, explaining the thematic significance of each site.
4. Compose a musical score, depicting one major event in Lord of the Flies. Perform for the class. Write a one-page paper explaining the event and the reason you chose each musical effect.
5. Develop/create masks for the major characters in Lord of the Flies. By changing masks, illustrate the changing of the characters. Demonstrate to the class. Write a one-page paper explaining the symbolic value for the masks in relation to the characters.
6. Write three conflicting newspaper accounts by three different reporters detailing the events on the islands as told by to the media by the boys after the conclusion of the story. (Think about how the perceptions of the events would change based on various points of view.)
7. Research William Golding’s life and in a 2-3-page paper, relate any details that could have influenced his writing of Lord of the Flies.