LOOKING FOR ALIBRANDI- CHAPTER 3
* She hates her nonna because nonna couldn’t accept things the way they were. * She doesn’t listen to nonna, she wears what she likes. * She thinks nonna did a pretty hopeless job as a mother. * She imagined her father to be different from who she met. * She wasn’t prepared to meet her father in nonna’s house. * She is not proud of her family, she always vows to move out when she turns 18. * She hates the rules and regulations that her European family brought from Europe. * She refuses to respect people she doesn’t like.
* Estranged - No longer close or affectionate to someone; alienated. * Amish –
* Chauvinistic - Prejudiced belief in the superiority of one's own gender, group, or kind * Articulate - Expressing oneself easily in clear and effective language Socio-cultural references
* Nonna believes the more you suffer on earth, the better the reward is in heaven. * Nonna is particular about Josie having Italian boyfriends because she doesn’t mix with the Australians. * Nonna claims that the Australians don’t know much about Italian culture. * “There are always jobs I have to learn because all good italian girls know how to do them and one day look after my Chauvinistic husband”. Plot summary
* Josie had a fight with nonna, she met her father Michael Andretti for the second time in her life at nonna’s place. Challenges
* Going to nonna’s house every afternoon.
* Nonna would force-feed Josie and complain about her appearance. * Christina had been estranged from her family for years after Josie’s birth. * Nonna thinks Josie and Christina are rude and they should treat her better. * Josie can’t go out with Australians.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document