Professor Irene Hoskins
1. List the advantages of a relational model specific to ACME Global Consulting.
The relational database model specified for the ACME Global Consulting organizes given data in table series. Each of the table has fields specified with specifications regarding the data type stored (Easytoteach, 2011). The advantages of the relational model includes
• Conceptual simplicity, the model should be conceptually unsophisticated compared to the network and hierarchical models.
• Structural independence, with the specifications of the relational model for the ACME Global Consulting, any relative changes made on the structure should not affect the accessibility of data.
• Design implementation, the model specified is capable of archiving the structural independence and data independence.
• The model has query capability; the availability of the powerful, flexible, and simpler in usage capability is a significant reason behind the immense database model popularity.
• Flexibility, the model with the given differing tables that accommodates information has to link and have easy extraction for easy manipulation by the respective operators inclusive of projects and the join. This is to join and give the relevant information in the required form that is desired (Singh, 2009).
• Precision, this is significant in relation to the application of relational algebra and calculus for the manipulations of the link amid the given tables. This ensures that ambiguity is absent that may arisen following the establishment of linkages in a specified complex network database type (Singh, 2009). 2. Summarize in your own words the purpose of an E-R model specific to ACME Global Consulting.
The application of the E-R model by the ACME Global Consulting enables the presentation of a powerful database design relatively significant to clients. The model provides consultants for the implementation of flexible and uncluttered design and assists in the verification of data requirements. This is before the proceeding made towards the specified actual implementation (Singh, 2009). This also has an increment with the understanding of problems existing. The E-R model incorporates data modeling technique at a higher level laying down of the conceptual design significant for the database. It constitutes of the specified number of vital components inclusive of attributes, entities, and relationships for the ACME Global Consulting (Easytoteach, 2011).
The ACME Global Consulting team has the clear understanding of data requirements through the E-R that enables client interaction and discussions through data visual representations for the requirements of data to be verified for further steps. The E-R also enables the increment of communication with assistance in the integration of the relational database model. The schema diagram forms the basis for system database with ACME Global Consulting client’s solution with file designs for the specified file systems through an approach of data base conversion (Easytoteach, 2011).
3. List and describe essential components of the model such as entities, attributes, keys, relationships, roles, and dependencies specific to ACME Global Consulting
The essential components includes
Entity is the name of the real world concept having physical existence. A relative example of the specified entity is the client for the company’s client management solution (Easytoteach, 2011).
Attributes, the properties relating to the specified entity are the attributes including address, names given to the entity clients specific to ACME Global Consulting (Easytoteach, 2011).
Relationship, the term refers to the rate at which entities relates to each other. The differing relationship types in the E-R includes
• The one to one...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document