Load Consumption

Topics: PHP, Mobile phone, Comparison of web application frameworks Pages: 11 (2016 words) Published: March 25, 2012

Cell phones have become a necessity for many people throughout the world. The ability to keep in touch with family, business associates, and access to email are only a few of the reasons for the increasing importance of cell phones. Today's technically advanced cell phones are capable of not only receiving and placing phone calls, but storing data, taking pictures, and can even be used as walkie talkies, to name just a few of the available options. Cell phones can’t do these functions without its fuel called cell phone load. Cell phone load is a primary way of paying the services that users do.

Cell phone load can be used in a variety of ways ranging from cheap offers like Sulitxt(Php5 worth of load can text 25x), Sulitcall(Php10 worth of load can call at a length of 3 minutes) and Alltext(Php20 worth of load that allows users to text 100x to any network and 200x to same network) that allow users to stretch their load value up to a certain extent and to practical ways like Unlimited call, Unlimited text and Unlimited surf that let users make the certain service unlimited within a specified period of time.

Statement of the Problem

With the current prices of load and load plans, consumers weigh their needs and demands to practically choose the amount they are going to provide for loading. This research shows how much LCCians set aside a certain amount from their allowance unto load spending and if allowance and the rate of load spending have a significant relationship.


To know the load spending of La Consolacion College Manila college students against their allowance and to show if there is a significant relationship between the two.

Scope and Limitation

The research covers the network, plan engagement, loading frequency, allowance per week and per month, load consumption, load usage, manner in what way the load is used, most common receiver of calls or texts, level of agreement with load prices and plan prices being reasonable and the importance of having a load.

The study is limited only to a sample of 20 La Consolacion College Manila college students from a population of more than 2000 college students.

Related Literature

Load nowadays can be acquired thru electronic loading and the good old prepaid cards. Load can also be paid in deferred payments like plans which varies from load amounts and services included.



There were twenty(20) chosen La Consolacion College Manila college students as respondents. Ten(10) males and ten(10) females. They were chosen in a random manner.


Twenty(20) 3-page survey sheets were printed on short bond papers.


The survey sheets were given to 10 random males and 10 random females. The results were tallied at a later time.

Graphs and Interpretation

Globe users are dominant in number. Three out of ten Globe users are male and the remaining seven is female. All Smart users are male. One of TM subscribers is male and the other three is female.

The result shows that 75% of the respondents are engaged in prepaid plans where there are 7 males for every 8 females. The remaining 25%, consist of 3 males and females, is composed of the postpaid plan users.

We can imply that a large part (33.33% or 5 out of 15) of the prepaid plan respondents reloads every day. And 6.66 % or 1 out of 15 says that they reload thrice a week and every two days. While 13.33% or 2 out of 15 says that they load whenever load is needed. 26.67% or 4 out of 15 says that they reload once a week.

Each of the Php 1 – 500(3 males and females) and Php 1001 – 1500(2 males and 4 females) makes 40% of the total prepaid user respondents. 1 respondent has a weekly allowance of above Php 1500 and 2 female respondents have allowance ranging from Php 501 – 1000.

Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Brazil Consumption Essay
  • Over Consumption in America Essay
  • Environmental (wildlife) Inequality Caused by Consumption Essay
  • Concept of Consumption and Saving Essay
  • Is There Such a Thing as Ethical Consumption? Essay
  • Essay on Discuss the Role of the Concepts of the Seduced and the Repressed for Understanding the Place of Consumption in Contemporary...
  • What Is the Importance of Consumption Expenditure in Determining Changes in the Level of National Income? Essay
  • Consumption Pattern of Tamilnadu with Reference to Permanent Income Hypothesis Research Paper

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free