TABLE OF CONTENTS:
3. --------------- Congressional Committees
4. --------------- Powers
5. --------------- Representatives and Senate Office
6. --------------- Works Cited
* Conference Committee: A temporary, panel composed of House and Senate conferences which are formed for the purpose of reconciling differences in legislation that has passed both chambers. Conference committees are usually convened to resolve bicameral differences on major and controversial legislation.
* Select Committee: A committee established by the Senate for a limited time period to perform a particular study or investigation. Select committees might be given or denied authority to report legislation to the Senate.
* Standing Committee: Permanent committees established under the standing rules of the Senate and specializing in the consideration of particular subject areas. There are currently 16 standing committees
* Joint Committee: Committees including membership from both houses of Congress. Joint committees are usually established with narrow jurisdictions and normally lack authority to report legislation. Chairmanship usually alternates between the House and Senate members from Congress to Congress.
Select Committee on Global Warming
* Expressed Powers: also known as Enumerated powers. Expressed powers are explicitly granted to Congress to tax and spend for the defense & general welfare of the U.S., borrow money, regulate foreign and interstate commerce, establish naturalization and bankruptcy laws, coin money, punish counterfeiters of money and securities (stocks), establish post offices, grant patents and copyrights, create courts below the Supreme Court, define and punish piracies & felonies of the high seas, declare war, raise and support an army, provide and maintain a navy, make laws governing the armed forces (different from civilian law), provide and call for... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 05). Lkhlk. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Lkhlk-1697488.html
"Lkhlk" StudyMode.com. 05 2013. 2013. 05 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Lkhlk-1697488.html>.
- MLA 7
"Lkhlk." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 05 2013. Web. 05 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Lkhlk-1697488.html>.
"Lkhlk." StudyMode.com. 05, 2013. Accessed 05, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Lkhlk-1697488.html.