If the Inselberg Lizard and the Desert Iguana can mate and reproduce a fertile offspring then they are the same species.
- 51 male Inselberg Lizards
- 51 female Inselberg Lizards
- 51 male Desert Iguanas
- 51 female Desert Iguanas
- Four suitable contained habitat
- More than 2-year worth of food for the Desert Iguana and the Inselburg lizard
1. Put the male Inselberg Lizards into one of the four suitable contained habitat with the female Desert Iguana. 2. Put the female Inselberg Lizards into the other suitable contained habitat with the male Desert Iguana. 3. Observe them every month for 2 years.
4. Write down observations about the reproduction.
Independent Variable - Different species reproducing
Dependent Variable - Ability to reproduce
Same habitat, same amount of food/water, same temperature
The natural mating of two Desert Iguanas and the natural mating of two Inselberg Lizards.
|Year |Reproduce |Didn’t Reproduce |Year |Reproduce |Didn’t Reproduce | |One | | |Two | | |
January | |✓ |January | |✓ | |February | |✓ |February | |✓ | |March | |✓ |March | |✓ | |April | |✓ |April | |✓ | |May | |✓ |May | |✓ | |June | |✓ |June | |✓ | |July | |✓ |July | |✓ | |August | |✓ |August | |✓ | |September | |✓ |September | |✓ | |October | |✓ |October | |✓ | |November | |✓ |November | |✓ | |December | |✓ |December | |✓ | | Graph:
My hypothesis, if the Inselberg Lizard and the Desert Iguana can mate and reproduce a fertile offspring then they are the same species proved that the two are not the same species. After 2-years, the Inselberg Lizards and the Desert...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document