1. Eat less. More often. Rather than eating large meals, chop up your eating into smaller portions throughout the day. I found myself eating 3 meals most days and having a snack around 3pm as well as another in the evening. That was enough to keep me from feeling hungry while still eating less in total.
2. Don't eat right before going to bed. I've read this numerous times and don't get why it works, but it does. I set a limit of 3 hours. So I planned to go to bed at midnight, I wouldn't eat past 9pm.
3. Brush your teeth early. For whatever reason, I won't eat when my teeth still feel clean. By brushing them several hours before bed, it was easier to accomplish #2.
4. Kick the sugar habit. If you drink sugared soft drinks (I used to be a Mt. Dew and Coke fan), replace them either with their diet counterparts or water. This can make a very, very big difference.
5. Eat vegetables before the main course. Whenever possible, I'd make sure to have an ample serving of a vegetable (you get very few calories for the amount you eat) before eating the denser main course--often a meat or fish. You'll need less of the dense stuff to be happy.
6. Update your spreadsheet daily. Keeping a running count will help you ration out the rest of your daily calorie allowance, which we'll talk about tomorrow.
7. Get used to leftovers. When you eat out, expect to take some of your meal home. If you eat standard restaurant portions, you'll almost certainly overeat.
8. Shop with calories in mind. When you're at the grocery store, spends some extra time reading the labels and nutritional information. You'll probably end up changing your shopping habits along the way. You'd be surprised by the how widely the calorie counts in various granola bars varies, for... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 06). Live to Stay Fit - a Diet Chart. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 06, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Live-Stay-Fit-Diet-Chart-154700.html
"Live to Stay Fit - a Diet Chart" StudyMode.com. 06 2008. 06 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Live-Stay-Fit-Diet-Chart-154700.html>.
"Live to Stay Fit - a Diet Chart." StudyMode.com. 06, 2008. Accessed 06, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Live-Stay-Fit-Diet-Chart-154700.html.