About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network.
* Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Established in 1976, Ticketmaster serves clients worldwide across multiple event categories, providing ticketing services for leading arenas, stadiums, professional sports franchises and leagues, college sports teams, performing arts venues, museums and theaters.
Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally.
Front Line is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists.
These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms.
As of December 31, 2011, Livenation Entertainment had approximately 6,600 full-time employees.
* Key Dates
* 1996 SFX Broadcasting buys concert promoter Delsener/Slater. * 1997 The SFX Entertainment division is founded; Bill Graham Presents and other properties are acquired. * 1998 SFX Entertainment, Inc. is spun off; an exclusive deal with Ticketmaster is signed. * 1999 The company completes its first European acquisitions; the SFX Sports Group is formed. * 2000 Clear Channel Communications buys SFX Entertainment. * 2002 SFX Entertainment is renamed Clear Channel Entertainment. * 2005 The company is spun off as Live Nation, Inc. on the New York Stock Exchange. 2010 Ticketmaster and live Nation merge to create Live Nation Entertainment.
Read: http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/54/Live-Nation-Inc.html#ixzz2CJ8WEslZ * The Company
We are the largest live entertainment company in the world connecting more than 200 million fans across all of our platforms to over 200,000 events in approximately 41 countries in 2011.
* We believe we are the largest producer of live music concerts in the world, based on total attendance at Live Nation events as compared to events of other promoters, connecting nearly 47 million fans to over 22,000 events for over 2,300 artists in 2011.
* Globally, Live Nation owns, operates, has booking rights for and/or has an equity interest in 133 venues, including House of Blues ® music venues and prestigious locations such as The Fillmore in San Francisco, the Hollywood Palladium, the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam and the O2 Dublin.
* We believe we are the world’s leading live entertainment ticketing sales and marketing company, based on the number of tickets we sold. Ticketmaster provides ticket sales, ticket resale services, marketing and distribution globally through www.ticketmaster.com and www.livenation.com, numerous retail outlets and worldwide call centers.
* we are one of the world’s leading artist management companies based on the number of artists represented. Front Line and their affiliates manage musical artists and acts primarily in the rock, classic rock, pop and country music genres. As of December 31, 2011, Front Line had approximately 250 artists on its rosters and over 90 managers providing services to these artists.
* We believe our global network is the world’s largest music marketing network for corporate brands and includes one of the world’s top five ecommerce websites, based on comparison of gross sales of leading internet retailers. In 2011, we drove almost 27 million average monthly unique visitors to www.livenation.com and www.ticketmaster.com and our other online properties.
* In 2011 and 2010, we...